Graphics issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AdamR78, Nov 30, 2004.

1. AdamR78

AdamR78 Private E-2

Hi,

I bought a new X800 graphics card today, and installed it all ok. Using latest Catalyst drivers from ATI, not overclocked.

When playing games, I get weird screwups, for example:
    http://www.answers-it.com/problem.JPG

Does anyone know what this could be, whatever it's a problem with the actual card or if it's a driver problem?

A.

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

looks like a texture problem that could be due to the drivers. Have you noted any threads in the EQ forums regarding corrupted textures with your card?

3. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

When you installed the card what brand did you have before? Going from Nvidia to ATI or visa versa, sometimes causes problems. Some times just uninstalling a driver will not get the full package out. Use DriverCleaner, found on the MajorGeeks home page. Then install the latest ATI ones.

:cool:

cooked

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Nvidia drivers have 0, ZERO , NADDA NOTHING to do with an ATI card. They don't load , they are not init'd at all .

5. AdamR78

AdamR78 Private E-2

HUllo!

I used DriveCleaner before installing the card (i previously had NVidia)... and EQ2 is not the only game this happens in... also happens in 3DMark and Half Life 2.

What is the best driver to use for ATI? I know sometimes, the latest drivers aren't all that good. Would I be better off with Omega drivers?

A.

6. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

what version of the cats are you using?

7. AdamR78

AdamR78 Private E-2

The file I downloaded is called wxp-w2k-ccc-8-071-041026a-018719c-english.exe

In ATI Information Center, the catalyst version is reported as 04.11.

A.

8. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Known Issues for the CATALYSTâ„¢ Software Suite Version 4.11

The following section provides a brief description of known issues associated with the latest version of CATALYSTâ„¢. These include the following:

• [*] Everquest: Playing the game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON X800 XT Platinum Edition installed results in the game displaying a black screen when setting the texture quality option to high and having all radio buttons selected. Further information on this issue can be found at: www.ati.com/support/infobase/4682.html
    after reading that, I can't help but wonder what would happen if you lowered the texture quality and tested.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds