Strange noise coming through computer speakers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kemo57, Mar 15, 2005.

1. kemo57

kemo57 Private E-2

http://files.bighosting.net/yq4496.mp3

That is a 32 second mp3 (328kb - sorta faint, turn volume up) of a noise I have been hearing on my radios, phone & computer for over a year now. Different radios, different phones, different computers... and different locations! I first started hearing it at my house, before the divorce. Not all the time, it was an occasion thing. Thought I was losing it. :confused:

But then my son heard it, and my ex-wife. I could never get a recording of it because it was completely random; you never knew when it would happen. You might hear it three times in a day, then not hear it again for weeks.

I hadn't heard it since I moved into this apartment four months ago (so I figured it was related to the house itself, a wiring thing or something, I dunno), until today... and today it has been going non-stop! WTF is it?? It's makin' me nuts. I think I'll send it in to Art Bell :D

2. kemo57

kemo57 Private E-2

3. w3rtx

w3rtx Private E-2

Do you have any cell phones nearby? That's the sound I hear 1 sec right before my cell phone rings when I'm in my car.

4. kemo57

kemo57 Private E-2

Yeah I do... but the noise has stopped & the cell is still sitting on the desk =\

5. w3rtx

w3rtx Private E-2

You're probably hearing that noise a lot because the phone tries to search for the network signal.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds