Hi

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by SnowFalcon, Mar 3, 2011.

1. SnowFalcon

SnowFalcon Private E-2

I just found out you need fifty posts in order to use the pm system. Was hoping to do this a little more privately but that's okay.

TimW helped me out a little when I was looking to upgrade the memory in my laptop before upgrading my laptop to seven.

I finally got around to saying goodbye to Vista and loaded seven onto my laptop. There was a couple of kinks to work out but I was able to work them out. Well almost, I think there might be another kink to work out due to the ATI Raden, it failed but was fixed by the os. Now I'm just wondering if there is a way to find the proper drivers for Seven. The laptop is claimed not to be supported for seven by Acer. (First and last computer I ever buy from them.) Maybe the Vista Driver will work for the laptop? I know the PCI Flash Memory reader card worked for the Vista Driver. It's one of the kinks I had to work out.

Anyways the Laptop is superfast loading in webpages and is so much faster. I don't regret putting seven on. Infact it makes me want to go ahead with my plans to build a new desktop. I plan on starting to put the money away now so come June (threesome pay) it won't be so much of a burden.

Thanks for the help Tim :)

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Glad to hear it and welcome to the forums!

3. LI_Geek_95

LI_Geek_95 Post-and-Run Geek

I would use the xP drivers if they are available. With my netbook, xP drivers work better with seven than Vista drivers do.

Welcome to the forums :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds