NASA predicts alien life

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TimW, Jul 6, 2015.

1. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

2. joffa

joffa Major Geek's Official Birthday Announcer

Yep nac4ev gets a fancy title and then starts slacking off LOL

<just jokin> roflmao

3. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Are you wearing a black tin foil hat... :confused rolleyes

4. Maine

Maine Private E-2

With the way things are going in the US Presidential race the Aliens may think cows are more intelligent and therefore higher on the list to 'steal' rolleyes

(not meant to threadjack into politics!)

5. Eldon

Has Obama taken this into consideration with his "Immigration Reform"? rolleyes

And what about those aliens that were "seen" roflmao in Area 51?

6. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

I have never gotten to caught up in worrying about the existence of aliens but it would explain some of the strangeness of some people I know. LOL Makes you wonder about that old joke about the Mother Ship dropping "them" off here and they don't want them back?rolleyes roflmao

7. joffa

joffa Major Geek's Official Birthday Announcer

To me this is a very plausible explanation for some of the relatives from my wife's side of the family LOL

8. GeekyFace

GeekyFace Private E-2

It seems like the only plausible hypothesis we can make (based on probability) is that we are not and never were alone in the universe. People who are dead set against accepting this possibility cannot possibly defend their position intelligently.

The UFO's we sometimes see flying around could be aliens. On the other hand, we are not made aware of the things our government and technology corporations are developing. One example is Darpa's lightning laser gun.

9. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

How did we jump from life to intelligent life?
    Life is inevitable, proven many times in many experiments. When the chemicals and conditions are right, life happens. More complex life forms may or may not form, intelligent life is rarer still. No mysteries there. But when you multiply in the number of places in the known universe the rare intelligent life scenario can happen it becomes a certainty.
    NASA has not said intelligent life as far as I have read.

10. Speculant

Speculant The Confused One

Statistically speaking, at least one other life form with intelligence greater or equal to us, somewhere else in our universe (or some other universe) is guaranteed. According to this website,
    That's an estimated one septillion planets out there...the chance of at least one containing life exactly like us or even more advanced than us is pretty much guaranteed.

11. Eldon

For the critics on both sides, consider this...

Evolutionists... why would life, as we know it, only have evolved on 1 planet?

Creationists... why would a God create trillions of planets and create life, as we know it, on 1 planet?

12. Eldon

As a Creationists, neither do I. :wave

Where did He say He only created life on 1 planet? :confused

13. Eldon

Exactly!
    There are other things He did not specifically say. Just like you did not tell your young children (your creations) everything. And the company ceo doesn't tell his/her employees everything.

Imagine how utterly boring life would have been if we were all born knowing everything...

Back to topic...
    Do they know something?

14. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

NASA is projecting from what they found on the comet to upcoming planetary missions. Or maybe they just used the force?

15. Eldon

Why didn't they just ask those aliens rolleyes they found at Roswell :confused
    It would have saved a heck of a lot of money...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds