clarification on "enable viewing of hidden files, system files and extensions"

Discussion in 'Software' started by ariko, Sep 21, 2006.

1. ariko

ariko Private E-2

if i don't enable viewing of files, they can't be deleted or they are just hidden from viewing and not from removal.

2. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

Generally they are just hidden from viewing although some of the tools we use will also need these options enabled.

You should follow the intructions and enable them as often we will provide manual steps for removing the more stubborn parts of infections and you won't be able to follow these unless you have followed the read and run me properly.

The purpose of the read and run me isn't just to remove some malware although that is a large part of it, it is also getting your system into a specific state to make our lives and yours easier when it comes to the final more complex fixs.

Once you are clean, you can go back and turn these options off again.

3. mopar_man

mopar_man Private E-2

where will these files be?

4. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

Mostly in the Windows subdirectory, although they can also be elsewhere. Think of all the places Windows puts critical files, and you pretty much have it.

5. ajay kumar

ajay kumar Guest

clarification on "enable viewing of hidden files, system files and extensions"

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

ajay kumar don't reply to a thread started in 2006 and the original poster has never answered.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds