Sharper image mp3 video player

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kclark, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Kclark

Kclark Private E-2

My daughter recieved a Sharper Image rechargeable MP3 video player for Christmas. Unfortunatly she lost the software CD that comes with it. Is there any website that would have the software that I could download it? :confused

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

What is the brand of mp3 player? A lot of times the manufacturers website will have those for downloading.

...unless of course it's Sharper Images own brand (that just occured to merolleyes), in which case, since their website is down, it may be an issue.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Was it this xmas? if so I would search the house and places your daughter could have been too and misplaced this CD as I had not heard of this company so did quick search as generally drivers and software for hardware is found on makers site, but this company is now out of business (filed chapter 11) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharper_Image

Main website has a placeholder but thats all.

If the Video Player has any model numbers on it or an FCC ID then please post it as "maybe" someone could have uploaded the drivers/software for someone else and still could be in the internet, but from the makers its a no-go at present unless someone buys their business and starts selling same items.

Is it the drivers you need so that the video player will be recognised by the PC or is it some video editing software that was on the CD you need, if you know its name then we maybe able to find the same software or suggest an alternative, if its drivers than they need to come from maker likely no alternatives.

At times if your using XP or Vista those Windows versions install a mass driver so that you can access hardware like these to get the pictures, video, music off them so look in My Computer when you plug in the device to see if a new removable drive appears.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds