The new photography thread -any subject - don't be shy!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kestrel13!, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Here's my offering for today. :) Hoping to have more contributions from others, any level of photography, it matters not.

A Southern Hawker spotted in my local churchyard. Apparently these roam FAR from water.

[​IMG]

DavidGP likes this.
  2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

A beauty, kes. :)

Here's a shot from this past March which was probably the last time I seriously went out and shot other than a charity even I did. This was taken at the base of the Catalina Mountains in Arizona.

[​IMG]

lol....this is an awful quality shot, but this is a Cardinal that kept coming at my window while seeing his reflection. At first it was cute, but then we had to put up netting so he'd stop...I think that was after about 6 months of it.

I had to post a bird for Emma, though.

[​IMG]

3. Kestrel13!

Thankyou Laura. That Cardinal peeping in is just all shades of cute!! They are such beautiful birds, stunning colours too. I think your shot of the flower in Arizona is marvellous.......!! I also think it's incredible that it survives in such arid conditions...it looks so fresh and pure. Yea, loving that. :)

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

The gang waiting for Momma to come home.

Attached Files:

5. Kestrel13!

Oh bless them, cute little shot, Tim :)

6. Kestrel13!

My offering for today, taken today. I was surprised to see something else in bloom up at the churchyard courtyard gardens. The people who tend it do such a good job to ensure as soon as something has died off, that something else is in bloom...

Deep purple poppy :)

[​IMG]

DavidGP and CaMidltn like this.
  7. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

8. Kestrel13!

Sadly nothing attached katkat :(

9. Kestrel13!

"Goodnight mr Squirrel"

[​IMG]

DavidGP likes this.
  10. LauraR

Beautiful flower, Emma. Really great focus and detail. I love the squirrel as well...what a great capture.

kat...that is one pretty frog with all his colors. Very nice shot.

11. Kestrel13!

Thankyou very much indeed Laura, the Squirrel was taken a few weeks back and I shot the flower today. :)

Laura.... :confused I don't understand how you can see katkat's frog but I can't. All I see is the word Frog.

12. Anon-9aee479f8f

Thanks Laura. Glad you can see it because Kestrel says she can not see it. I have to be logged in to see it myself. Not sure what I might of done wrong posting it. But now when I try to repost it IE stops working and I have to close it every time. Just weird!

13. LauraR

hmmm...I'm not sure. That's definitely weird because it's an MG hosted image. Maybe clear your cache?

14. Kestrel13!

Sorry Laura, that was me including a screenshot, which I didn't think attached...it DID and I confused us all.... LOL

15. LauraR

Oh...hahaha...I was thinking that something seriously wrong was going on. I'm not sure what the deal is with the pic not showing.

16. Kestrel13!

Laughing out loud here. Even after posting it, and knowing it was a screenshot, I managed to confuse my own brain...... :-D

17. Kestrel13!

European Robin. I had just put down a feast for it. This Robin lives in the churchyard.

[​IMG]

DavidGP likes this.
  18. Kestrel13!

katkat can you post another picture of something please? Just so I can see whether I can see it or not. Thankyou :)

19. Anon-9aee479f8f

Kestrel I will try later. I could not see the one I just tried to post myself, just a box with a x showed up, so I removed it.

20. Kestrel13!

Hmmm strange going's on. Thanks katkat :)

21. Kestrel13!

I hope nobody minds me posting quite so many pics...I love these threads. :)
    The weather has been appalling for the last couple of days considering it's July for goodness sakes.

So typically, now it's time to cook dinner, the sunshine decides to pop out. Determined to take some shots of something, I used my Dad's pink Rose as a subject, some I went outside to take, and this one was taken thru the window....

[​IMG]

22. Anon-9aee479f8f

Baby Robin
    [​IMG]

I am posting it two ways to see if it shows up either way.

Attached Files:

23. Kestrel13!

Ahhh now I can see this. :) Thanks for sharing, Katkat. Beautiful little birdy!

24. Anon-9aee479f8f

Curious as to what process you Kestrel and Laura are using to post your pictures because I can see your pictures when I am not logged into MG but I can only see my own pictures if I am logged into MG.:confused Can you explain how you are posting your pictures.;)

25. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

katkat, if you want your pictures to show like Kestrel13!'s, you must upload them to a website. I use Flickr because I have a Yahoo! account.

TinyPic and Photobucket are also popular.

26. Anon-9aee479f8f

Thanks Eldon. I figured as much but was hoping it was just something simple.;)

27. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

katkat, how did you post your picture if you didn't use a photo site?

28. kilogulf59

kilogulf59 Private First Class

My daughter's "street howitzer"...

[​IMG]

CaMidltn, butterfly1 and drcarl like this.
  29. Anon-9aee479f8f

Tim I either attach an attachment from my pc pictures folder or I upload the photo to my MG Profile Photo Album and use the MG hosting url from there.

30. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

My niece and her truly ridiculous squash garden. Miracle Grow soil really does make a difference! The raised bed they're in is the same size as the one you can see on the right. :-D

[​IMG]

DavidGP likes this.
  31. Kestrel13!

... LOL Wow....

Lovely shot, Sgt Tibbs!!! :)

32. Kestrel13!

Tried something a bit different yesterday. I was walking along the riverside and spotted some Campanula flowers. They were deeply set into the shade and my cam was 'yakking' at me to put the flash on.

I don't normally use the flash so I thought why not.... this is how it turned out and I am quite pleased with how unique it looks. :major

[​IMG]

DavidGP likes this.
  33. Anon-9aee479f8f

Good pictures everyone!

Sgt Tibbs one or two squash plants could produce enough squash to feed the whole neighborhood. LOL

34. LauraR

Taken at sunset on the bay at the seashore.

[​IMG]

35. Kestrel13!

What a beautiful image Laura. Looks so peaceful there. Love the marmalade sky! :)

36. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

Samuel Clemens in Nikola Telsa's Lab:

I can't seem to recall how to embed a photo?

Attached Files:

37. Eldon

See post #25.
    Click the Insert Image icon, and copy & paste the link.

38. Kestrel13!

Visited a Botanical Gardens yesterday in Birmingham. Thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Agapanthus...

[​IMG]

Unknown...

[​IMG]

Hibiscus...

[​IMG]

DavidGP likes this.
  39. LauraR

Beauties, Emma!

It reminds me that I really need to get to our botanical gardens as well. I haven't been in way too long.

40. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

Those are gorgeous shots, Emma!

What's ridiculous is I've been working at our gardens at least three times a week, and haven't had time for any photos whatsoever. I'll have to try to fix that later this week and post some.

41. Kestrel13!

Thanks Laura and Beth. :) I was like a kid in a sweet shop surrounded by all those pretties LOL

Really looking forward to seeing more shots from you both.

42. LauraR

[​IMG]

I finally got to those botanical gardens. Thanks, kes, for the push with your pretty pics. :)

mag00 likes this.
  43. Kestrel13!

Ahh when did you go Laura?! Did you have a fantastic time? Beautiful shot of the water lily's!

44. LauraR

:) I had a great time. It was yesterday morning. I spent a few hours there.

45. Kestrel13!

Good stuff!!! :)

46. Eldon

47. LauraR

Thank you, Eldon. :) Those water lilies at that link are so interesting. I've never seen that variety before.

48. Kestrel13!

Thankyou Eldon :)

49. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

The picture doesn't quite do it justice, but it's pretty close. I was sitting on my porch last night and the clouds just grabbed my eye. The sun was setting behind me, and they looked like a painting rather than real sky.

[​IMG]

50. Kestrel13!

I find cloud formation quite fascinating. You can tell alot about how the weather's gonna be by looking at and identifying the clouds. Beautiful pic, Beth!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds