Trouble logging in to MGs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by joffa, Sep 1, 2015.

1. joffa

joffa Major Geek's Official Birthday Announcer

Hey did anybody else have trouble logging into the forum between AEST2:00pm and AEST8:00pm?

I could go to MG main home page so the MG server was OK but I just couldn't open any of the forum pages. :confused

I cleared caches and deleted temp files etc but still no go. forums.majorgeeks.com is whitelisted through my firewall so not that either :confused

Probably something happening with all the ISPs over here. Some government initiative to stop online piracy was supposed to become active on September the 1st. rolleyes

2. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

That sounds about when I was having trouble, too. It kept telling me the page wasn't available or something like that. I figured it was maintenance and did something else instead.

3. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Hey, joffa.

Yep, that's not as rare as you'd think. AFAIK there are separate servers - the software section has an IP address of 74.50.120.86, while the forums are listed as 74.50.120.11.

4. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

I have seen this before also and like Sgt Tibbs said I assumed it was maintenance.

5. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

There was a server problem which has been fixed.:major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds