Can't start some of windows xp services

Discussion in 'Software' started by topaz_1956, Sep 21, 2006.

1. topaz_1956

topaz_1956 Private E-2

Ok, I have Windows xp home edition, version 2002, updated sp2, AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2400+ , 2,00 GHz , and 512 MB of Ram.

I reformated and was checking things over and noticed that my "Application Manager" service was turned off, I tried to restart it but got an error saying a module was missing...how & where can I get it back?

Also, the "Human Interface Device..." wouldn't start, said the UPS wasn't configured, I went to configure it but the configure button wasn't lit & wouldn't let me click it.

Before reformating I was getting a lot of script errors using IE 6, was hoping reformating would take of that too but it didn't, still getting quite a bit of them.

Thanks so much...hope someone can help...going a bit crazy trying to figure it out lol.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds