Nvidia Geforce4 Driver Question

Discussion in 'Software' started by Fuzz, May 2, 2004.

1. Fuzz

Fuzz Private First Class

In my sig u can see what im running. If i use the latest drivers from the nvidia website i get graphics probs. The 53.03 drivers give me no probs is there a higher numbered driver that will not give me probs that someone else has run on my type of card? I know the newer drivers are designed for the FX cards and i just cant afford one right now..Thanx

2. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

sometimes there are problems that slip through the crack; IMO if its not broken dont fix it.

3. BJS

BJS Private E-2

Did you remember to uninstall the 53.03 drivers before updating?

4. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

I've got the Ti 4200, running 52.16 drivers. All the optimisations they are doing are for FX cards so i felt there was no reason to update. They've not fixed anything for GF4 cards for a while now.

5. Fuzz

Fuzz Private First Class

Thanx for the imput...And yes i always uninstall the old drivers first..Its the new ones designed for the FX cards that give me probs...so i will stick with these i guess...

6. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

If you want the best performance out of that TI card i would suggest using the 44.03 drivers, if you aint worried about FPS and like eye-candy get the latest WHQL 56.72
    performance hit but the eye-candy is noticeable ;)

Im in the process of trying the new BETA drivers 61.11 on my TI

go here and try which suit you best, i think ive tried them all and 44.03s give the best benchmarks
    http://download.guru3d.com/detonator/

7. Fuzz

Fuzz Private First Class

Thanx General I will check them out

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds