Permission Problems accessing shared directories

Discussion in 'Software' started by martindr, Jul 21, 2014.

1. martindr

martindr Private E-2

Windows 7
    I have a network which I replaced my older Dells with new Dells. We are using workgroup. One of them I accidently configured as a homegroup instead of a workgroup and did not notice it until I was having permission problems accessing the other 3 desktops. I changed it from a homegroup (left the homegroup) to the workgroup as the other 3. I could see the other 3 but could never access them (permission problems). I worked with Dell most of the afternoon (what a mess) and was finally able to access them except I cannot access the 'c' folder on any of the 3 other desktops, nor can the other 3 desktops access the 'c' folder on the 1 desktop. However the 3 other desktops can access the 'c' folder with no problem. There seems to be some permission problems that carried over from when it was configured as a homegroup that I cannot get around. How do I get this cleared up with paying Microsoft to fix the problem with their own software?
    Appreciate any help.

Thanks
    Dennis

2. martindr

martindr Private E-2

Well no help from here.
    I ended up fixing the problem myself.
    Posting so others may try what I did, since no help.

I ended up setting my network adapter.

I ran the following commands as administrator:

ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew
    netsh advfirewall reset
    netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

This seemed to clear up the problem. I did have to go back into advance sharing to allow files to be shared again.

good luck!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds