Sore throat... im a bit confused

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by goldfish, Nov 15, 2004.

1. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

I had a look at my throat in the mirror today after missing school because it hurt like hell when I tried to swallow... to the point where my eyes were watering...

My tonsils seem a bit swolen, and one has a small hole in it?? :confused: I dunno if thats normal... and the back of my throat was all red and white and weird... I went to my doctor last week and she said that I had a sore throat, but it didn't look infected, but I'm not so sure about that now...

I know its a bit dumb to ask about it here but I can't get to anyone else to ask... anyone got any ideas?

I would post a picture, but its pretty nasty, don't want anyone to puke on their PC :p

2. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Go back to the doctor. Sounds like Strep throat to me.

3. Ken3

Ken3 MajorGeek

That's an infection and thanks for not posting ;) Running a temperature? I'd suggest to go back to the doctor again.

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

you're not supposed to have holes. could be foot and mouth disease too.

5. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Yeah... I should... I'm not running a temperature but then the house is really cold.

I'll have to go tomorow after school :(

Kodo : Baa! :eek:

6. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Bah, getting an appointment for tomorow... annoying thing...

7. Huggamonsta!

Huggamonsta! Sugar & Spice and Everything Hugs

I wouldn't worry.. it's a bug going round your school and mine.. it's really funny... *acchoooo* nooo... please say it was hayfever... i still have whole tonsils... argh! help!

8. BLAJY

BLAJY Corporal

If your tonsils appear to have "holes" in them, you probably have inverted tonsils, in other words they protrude inward instead of out.

White on the throat is usually a sign of strep. If they take a quick strep test ( results given within minutes) it may not show up as strep. Sometimes when they send them out for a 48hr test, you get positive reading.

***Sometimes the quick strep test gives False Negative Readings.

Oh, one more thing, gargle with salt water 3x's a day at first signs of sore throat. Never fails. (1/4 teaspoon, with glass of water) :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds