Certificate Alert in IE

Discussion in 'Software' started by IAmLerxt, May 25, 2005.

1. IAmLerxt

IAmLerxt Private E-2

There is a popup in Internet Explorer that I simply cannot get rid of, and I am ready to completely reformat my harddrive because of it. It has to do with the security certificate of the sites I am visiting.....

The message is "Information you exchange with this site cannot be viewed by others. However, there is a problem with the site's security certificate. The security certificate was issued by a company you have not chosen to trust. View the certificate to determine whether you want to trust the certifying authority."

I view the *#&$(*@&#%^ certificate. I install the (*#&$(*^%(#^$ certificate, and the message still keeps popping up. I ONLY visit sites that I trust, and I am using very good spyware software. I want to set IE so that this popup NEVER occurs, or I want to be able to add companies to whatever "trusted" list that IE is looking for. I cannot do either one, and I'm so frustrated I want to just buy a new computer. Any help would be appreciated.

2. olestros

olestros Private E-2

Security settings

Open IE -> Tools -> Internet Options

Delete that site from restricted zone or set security settings to low.

I think.

3. Junior Jeeves

Junior Jeeves Private E-2

Go into Internet Explorer then choose Tools -> Internet Options, then click on the Content tab. The middle of that window will show you different options regarding Certificates. Click on the middle button, labeled "Certificates..."

You need to click on the tiny right arrow by the rightmost tab. Once you can see it, click on "Untrusted Publishers".

You should see the publisher listed that's causing you such problems. Just delete the entries here by clicking on each one to select it, then clicking "Remove".

Quit the browser, restart, and everything should be good to go!

I hope.

4. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

In I.E, Tools, Internet Options, then on the Advanced tab click "Restore Defaults" at the bottom.

5. garyajaz

garyajaz Private E-2

Hi all. same certificate warning head ache here. happened right after a friend was roaming around trying to delite some anti virus. i asked him what he did and he dosent know. (thanks) i tried the re set and still get cert veiw-install- ect. some times 3-4 times befor a site openes. does it to a lot of sites. like yahoo mail, e-bay- some certs show good for one day. any more suggestions?

6. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

There's some good suggestions here, my friend. Have you tried them all? If so, you'll want to start your own thread, before some administrator comes along and tells you not to dig up old threads.

7. garyajaz

garyajaz Private E-2

Yes, i have tried what was on this "old thread". i read in start up about searching for like problems prior to posting. so i guess will readdress it. thanks, gary

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds