How can I get my Steam account back?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Q-Bert23, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Q-Bert23

Q-Bert23 Private E-2

Hey guys, I lost my Secret Question to my Steam Account and now Im having a hard ass time getting it back....any of you go through this? Any pointers? Any ideas?

Q+Bert23

2. nickwsu

nickwsu Private First Class

You have to send an email to steam support explaining your situation and ask for your username/password. It takes a couple days for them to get back to you, but they will send you your info (they did for me).

I suspect they have to do this very often...

3. Q-Bert23

Q-Bert23 Private E-2

Does this work for forgotten *Secret Question*? I have my CDKey( it was a bundle download though) and my account name but I cant remember the way I spelled my Secret Question.

I emailed Steam and I keep getting Assistance Denied emails because my email doesnt match my old one, even though Im using the exact same account and pc.....

q-bert

4. nickwsu

nickwsu Private First Class

Can you include your old email address in the email and say that you lost the account information associated with that email. Include what you know, like tell them my username is XXX but I cant remember my password, or vice versa.

You say you got a CD-key with your download package?

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

6. Q-Bert23

Q-Bert23 Private E-2

Thx for the ideas Nick+Halo, I was finally able to atleast send them an email involving my question. Great links;) Now hopefully theyll help me out....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds