Lower Mouse Refresh Rate (USB Polling Rate) ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by op2rules, Sep 17, 2010.

1. op2rules

op2rules Private E-2

Hey guys, I have a game called Cossacks : Back to War, and to play it my mouse's refresh rate is too high (1000hz or 1.0ms). I was wondering if there was an easy way to lower that to something way lower, just so I can play the game, then easily put it back up to 1000hz.

Thanks!

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version are you using?

Asking as if Windows XP you can see if the option is here Control Panel > Mouse > Hardware tab > Select PS/2 Compatible Mouse > Properties-button > Advanced Settings tab > Sample Rate and change the rate.

also knowing yoru Windows version will help if their is a registry hack or key that can be adjusted to allow you to change the refresh rate, this one I dont know off hand but likely in the registry is a key to control a USB mouses refresh rate, just need to search for this one.

What type of mouse are you using? make and model? (as this mouse may have downloadable software to help with options)

Apps like this can help PS/2 mice HERE

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I don't know how true this is but apparently the refresh rate of USB mice can not be changed.
    I found this

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds