Office 2007

Discussion in 'Software' started by BILLMCC66, Sep 4, 2007.

1. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Can anybody tell me how i can get my task bar on the bottom of the page please instead of on the side.

[​IMG]

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Not an Office thing there Bill but Windows, all you do is Left Click on the taskbar and hold then drag to the bottom, you may have to right click the taskbar and unlock it.

Once moved if its unlocked, right click and lock taskbar, will save it accidently moving again.

3. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

HALO [​IMG]

you are truly a genius i have been right clicking/kicking and generally abusing this bloody machine for 3 days and now in 5 seconds it's done, thanks you have saved me from total meltdown

[​IMG]

4. DavidGP

No probs Bill, you only had to ask and save yourself abusing the PC for 3 days ;)

Ok as the topic is Office 2007, in your first week of using it, what are your opinions of it good and bad? I know in weeks to come the inpression of the menus may change as you get more used to it.

5. dell1705user

dell1705user Corporal

So far...I hate it. I'm sure it's only because I'm not used to it and, generally, everybody is opposed to change from the good 'ole, comfy norm, but I just find it to be a pain in the butt. Trying to find the simplest things that were once a 5 second deal is now a major production. I'm often finding myself having to use the Help function, which itself took my forever to find, to figure out where the hell things are. I've only been using MS Word and Excel so far.

It does look nice though :D

6. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

It's taking a while to come to grips with the new layout and all but basically i like it obviously as i get more proficient (that could take a while) it will become more user friendly (i hope)

love the new Outlook but still a lot to learn you know the saying "you can't teach an old dog new tricks" that's pretty much me the old grey cells take a long time to digest info.

@ Dell1705 i think it was Halo put me onto these sites they can help.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/FX100565001033.aspx

http://www.microsoft.com/office/greattips/default.mspx

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/FX100485361033.aspx

[​IMG]

7. DavidGP

Yep that was me Bill,

On the flip side Dell, I kinda really like it and had to do some documents at home in both Word and Powerpoint 2007 as Office 2003 is a PITA to do a few tasks with, wherewas 2007 was easy from just looking at the various sections and their icons over trawling through menus, but as you say its a learning thing, but hating it right out of the box before being objective will just cause you to hate it more... have to give the new a chance.

8. dell1705user

dell1705user Corporal

True true. I'm still sticking with it. As you all have mentioned, in time it will be as simple to us all as 2003 was. I try and sit down to play with it for a little while everyday.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds