Adobe Flash or what else?

Discussion in 'Software' started by oma, Mar 14, 2011.

1. oma

oma MajorGeek

Have the latest version of Adobe Flash in Palemoon, Fx 4.0RC and IE8.

I used to be able to listen to the radio on delicast.com and just had to enable the NoScript in FF and PaleMoon and some other I believe Silverlight.

Since a few weeks that particular radio station (as shown on attach) refuses to load. The same happens in all browsers. At the most I get a few seconds of music. Looks as if Adobe Flash wants something to be changed. I've tried so many different things but no success.

Of course, I have uninstalled repeatedly with Adobe's uninstaller, rebooted and reinstalled the ones for IE and for FF. No success.

Could someone please point me in the direction as to what the problem can be? FYI I have played around a bit with the Adobe settings online. TIA

2. oma

oma MajorGeek

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  3. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Do the screens shots look the same in IE with the player faded like that?

4. oma

oma MajorGeek

Yup. First I get a like a partially white screen and then after that sometimes a complete black screen. Of course, in FF and PaleMoon I have No Script disabled. Same happens in all browsers. Strange that when I rightclick on the black screen with radio listings as shown in the pics, I get Adobe Flash to select from as shown. Thanks! IE8 pic attached.

Attached Files:

5. sach2

Hmm,

I'm not sure what is going on. 20 minutes ago I had no problem in FF or IE, now my FF stops after a few seconds (my counter in FF looks like yours in IE with both left and right numbers matching)

In IE, it still plays fine but my counter counts of seconds on the left but the right counter stays at zero seconds.

I'm going to play around with this later to see if I can get it to do the same thing each time.

Did you get 15 seconds of sound in IE as the counter shows?

6. oma

oma MajorGeek

Yes I did get 15 seconds in IE8 sach2. The sound is very choppy in all browsers. Also getting sometimes a white bar like shown in this pic. Thanks.

Can you check out if that radio works for you please? See, it used to work with Silverlight but silverlight doesn't come up anymore. Could be that that radio station doesnt work anymore? My brother overseas doesn't know how to access it. None of my friends have a computer.

http://nl.delicast.com/radio/Nederland/Omroep_Brabant_Dweilradio

If nothing will work I will try an older version of Flash and see if that would work. Uninstalled and reinstalled the latest Adobe a few times.

Attached Files:

7. sach2

I don't think it is flash if you are seeing the player (at least not in IE).

Now both IE and FF are halting after a few seconds for me. It may be a problem with the website.

When you see the white box then if you mouse over it does the player appear?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  8. oma

oma MajorGeek

No, it doesn't. The white box appears after the music stops. Could be the website? I've tried another station and no dice there either. Weird thing is that I see the radio address "dweilradio" in your pics but I don't see them in mine. Thanks.

PS: Wondering if it could be NoScript somewhere or perhaps Adblock Plus although I checked/tried some of it out.

9. sach2

I think it might have to do with the website's bandwidth capacity. Mine is working in IE again. (Or worked for 5:17 minutes then the transparent window came up) I notice when mine is playing music I do not have that vertical slider in the transparent window over the names of the Radio Stations. (I think when that transparent window comes up there is supposed to be some error message)

I tried the link directly from the radio station and get the same pop window and player with the same results. Near the top-right are the listen options http://www.omroepbrabant.nl/Schedule.aspx?type=radio

Edit: the first and second photo are when it is playing OK. Third photo is when music stops.

10. sach2

I don't use NoScript because I have never figured it out (too many popup messages for me). I use AdBlock Plus so that isn't the problem. I enabled Ghostery to see if that was it but it still played OK.

IE wouldn't be effected by any of those plugins anyway. So if we are having problems in IE I think it may be the station. They only stream at 48kb/s so maybe they have times of day where they can't keep up?

11. oma

oma MajorGeek

Tried that dweilradio station for the past few days after I discovered acting so weird. Previously I could play that station way into the night. Unfortunatly I've got get some sleep now. It's been a long day at this computer trying to see and figuring it out. Some stations one gets that little noscript box where you click on it and the music plays well. Some of them are closed due to the 6 hr time difference.

I'm going to bed now sach2. Sorry but it midnite here.

12. oma

oma MajorGeek

I deleted the latest Adobe Flash version with Adobe's uninstaller and installed version 10.2.152.26 and it's cutting me off the same. However, one positive is that I don't have as many difficulties in getting that box up because I would get often a black screen without anything on it. . Mouse over will show the "radio".

Don't know whether I should try yet an older Adobe version? Heck I don't even know whether it is Adobe giving me these problems or with some radios on that website. :-o :cry All I know that previously it used to work great!!

13. oma

oma MajorGeek

Some additional information.

I even installed an Adobe version of June 11,2010 and same problems. Emailed that radio and got just an automated reply back, no human response. It was my favorite radio channel. RIP :cry :cry

14. sach2

I'll try to experiment later today.

Because it worked for me initially and then I had problems, I'm still thinking it is the radio station itself. (I'm wondering if there is a way to get the feed without going through their player? I'm going to look through the View Source page in FF and see if there is some direct link to the stream but I didn't see one last night.)

15. oma

oma MajorGeek

My brother overseas let me know today that the website radio works. Therefore it must not be the site but perhaps it won't work anymore for North America? Of course I tried it immediately after that notice but it still doesn't work for me.

Strange.

sach2. Did you have a chance to see if you could get the radio to work?

TYIA

16. sach2

Is this the same station? The three listings for Omroep Brabant look like the same call letters but from the little I listened there seems to be a lot of commercials/voice overs.

17. oma

oma MajorGeek

No, it's not sach2 because that is a regular regional (province) radio station. But at least I can listen to this station. Sad part (for me) is that most of the songs are in the English language.

The other station that I really miss is also a regional radio station but they play carnaval songs and often in dialect of that region. It's called Dweilradio which is part of Omroep Brabant.

I don't understand the message that often will show when I'm trying to get the dweilradio station. That's why you will see an attachment for it. Something about IFRAME.

Thanks very much for sticking with me. :cool

Attached Files:

18. sach2

I hope this is it so I don't have to listen to Carnival music anymore today. ;)

I'm not sure if it is a livestream or not?

I can't read the message about iframe--can you crop it?
    I still think it is something with the station rather than flash.

19. sach2

This one works in IE for me but not FF.

P.S. I'm getting kinda addicted to this music. :)

20. oma

oma MajorGeek

THAT's the ONE!! :dancer:celebrate:clap

When I click on the link, I get the VLC Player and have to click on "stream" to get it.

Sorry sach2, I lost the pic about IFRAME due to renaming it after cropping it. I'll try it again later and see whether I get that message again.

THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!

BTW: I listen about an hour at it at a time. I was born and raised in Noord Brabant. Their dialect and their carnival music is funny because often they play with words, insinuating sometimes etc. OmroepBrabant (carnival) is on youtube as well.

21. sach2

I'm glad you can listen. You might consider getting the Microsoft Windows Media Player FF plugin if you want it to play it in your browser. I'm going to check back on your original link over the next week or so to see if it starts streaming better.

I've attached two files that will open in foobar or VLC. The .asx file is the link to Dweilradio which is a little slow loading in VLC but works fine once it gets started You could put it on your desktop for easy access. The .pls file is this one of Belgian Carnival music or so Google translate tells me:

22. oma

oma MajorGeek

THANK YOU ever so MUCH sach2!! Have been listening now for hours to dweilradio. :drool :-D You'd have a great time if you would understand Dutch. Installed the WMP addon/plugin in Fx and it (of course) installed automatically in PaleMoon browser. I had VLC player as the default. Have the short cuts in a folder on the taskbar.

As what your link to the Belgian? carnival music, I don't have a clue what they are singing about. :confused Must be a dialect. I remember that in Holland a different dialect was spoken in all cities and villages. One sometimes couldn't even understand a dialect spoken some 10 miles away from your own city. The Belgian? music sounds perhaps like a mixture of Flemish dialect and French (Walonian) dialect. Who is to know other than the people who understand it? :-D :major

I appreciate it that you will look into this dweilradio thingy. Meanwhile I will do same.

Again, thank you!!

23. oma

oma MajorGeek

I saw the above website when I did a google search. Since WOT gave it a red donut I was very hesitant to try it out. WOT also works in my email and the website also shows up as RED. That website works for me in PaleMoon, Fx 4.0RC1 and IE8. The Belgian radio shows also a red donut by WOT.
    I find that listening to that kind of music lifts my mood and brings back a lot of memories since old Dutch songs are also played. Here's a youtube vid carnival song about a cat who stole a bottle of gin and got drunk because she refuses to drink water or milk. Was driving a car, couldn't hold the car straight and was arrested by an agent etc. LOL It's saturated with playing with words as quite a few words in it have a double meaning and therefore funny. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsMwcy0oWkk
    Thanks again from this old lady. :)

24. sach2

You are very welcome!

Thanks for the video--like you said the music becomes rather infectious. After a while you can't help but get into a festive mood. I go to a series of International dinners and the Oktoberfest and Irish dinners are always the most fun because of the singing and dancing. Those outfits the singers in the video wear look quite familiar. :)

Enjoy!

I saw that WOT warning in my email as well. There were no comments on the actual WOT site describing the reason for the poor rating and my antivirus and firewall gave no warnings after 10 minutes of listening so I thought it was worth a try.

The Belgian music is slightly more subdued but I can't understand the words to either language. Somehow that doesn't seem to stop them from being fun. :)

25. oma

oma MajorGeek

To bring you up-to-date sach2.

The link (stream) of the dweilradio which you were so kind to give me is not working anymore, nor the website with the red WOT warning.

Meanwhile I emailed Omroep Brabant again and got a personal answer back from them. They thought it was the Flash Player or Silverlight.

I just wanted to have another opinion and called a Technician via remote. He said that all is fine with my machine, FlashPlayer and Silverlight. He said that the problem is with the website, just what you had said because he also got the same empty popup box on his machine. He also said that the link (stream) is a bit weak and may not always work. It worked great for 2 days though and am thankful for that. :)

I've asked them, if possible, to fix the problem. Darn, do I ever miss that station. :cry

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds