Problem with Netgear router and AOL

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by protypex, Jun 9, 2005.

1. protypex

protypex Private E-2

I have the Netgear wgr614 v3 with the latest firmware upgrade. The router works fine both wired and with my wireless laptop, except when I connect my laptop wirelessly to AOL. I can surf all day wirelessly on my laptop but the second I try to connect to AOL my router goes down. AOL just locks up and my connection is gone. I have to end task on AOL to close it and I have to actually uplug my router and plug it back in to re-establish my connection. This happens every single time I try to connect wirelessly to AOL. I'm using the newest version of AOL security edition. If any knows why this is happening your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds