Laptop power/battery problem??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by andrew1784, Sep 25, 2007.

1. andrew1784

andrew1784 Private E-2

Laptop in question is an Acer Travelmate 4150,the battery it came with lasted around 16 months before just not working one day, this I attributed to the battery wearing out.The laptop continued to work when plugged into the wall though.

So I went out and bought a new battery, which was the correct battery for my laptop.I followed charging directions, but it still doesnt run off the battery alone.

The amber light just remains on, which is supposed to mean the battery is charging and when green means fully charged.This has been the case for the last 3 days and I am sure it's not a problem with the battery.

If anyone can help that would be great,if not next stop will be Acer support.

2. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

Most batteries are supposed to be good for a thousand cycles [charge-discharge]. Your new battery does not act right[ if the old one worked correctly].Batteries sometime are DOA. ed

3. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Welcome to Major Geeks, andrew1784.:cool
    Don't waste any more time, go back to Acer and jump up and down. :D Bazza

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds