Laptop battery cycling - something to drain power quick

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by thom0, May 23, 2006.

1. thom0

thom0 Private E-2

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone knows of some good software to drain my battery fast. I know some of the benchmarking software is pretty demanding (3DMark for example) however I would prefer not to install a large program.

I'm hoping there is something out there that just runs from the .exe & doesn't require an install. Googling hasn't turned up too much.

Cheers

2. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Curiosity - why????

3. thom0

thom0 Private E-2

Laptop batterys need "cycling" every now and then especially when they are a brand new battery. You need to drain 100% then charge then Drain>charge.....etc at least 3 times with a new battery before you use it to get the best out of it.

I just want to speed this draining process up

4. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

I would strongly recommend speeding it up, if it was meant to be done then manufacturers would give you options in doing this.

However, if you're still going to go against this, then try watching films.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds