Hotel access on laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by grammadar, Jun 26, 2006.

1. grammadar

grammadar Private E-2

Can someone tell me what I need for my laptop in order to use it in hotels with internet access and what else I would need to know. Thank you.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

You would need a laptop which has either Phone Connect port, Wireless or Ethernet connectability, but you will also have to check with the hotel on their internet setup, I have been to some with ISDN, Wireless and Ethernet a varied mix... depending on hotel group.

Either call them up and ask or if they have a website check their for details on their connections and what you need.

3. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

Calling ahead strikes me as a good idea.

The hotels I've been to have either wireless or wired ethernet (never both). I carry one of each card.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds