printer not recognised in windows 7 64 bit

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hackley, Nov 1, 2010.

1. hackley

hackley Private E-2

i am trying to install my HP psc 1410 printer on windows 7 home 64 bit. it does not even recognise the printer is connected. I have tried evrything HP and windows 7 help have suggested:

uninstalling then reinstalling
    installing fixes
    turning off all startup items except windows and reinstalling, but nothing works.
    can u please help

thank you

nicola :cry

2. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

@hackley. I have a HP PSC 1410 running on Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit OS. The only thing I can suggest is that HP have not bothered to write a driver for the 64 bit version of Windows 7, as yet, or they have no intention of writing same.

I guess you have googled for a driver?

I think I am using XP CD version 5.3.0b. I cannot remember if I have upgraded that. I checked "Properties" on my printer, but NO version quoted. :(

Check out http://tinyurl.com/27ay8x9 for many links and problems.

Not much help to you, I know. Sorry.

Bazza

===

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  3. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

HP does provide Win 7 64-bit drivers for the PSC 1410, but you'll have to indicate whether it's the 1410v or the 1410xi.

I browsed the Win 7 compatibility section for this printer, and it appears that the procedure for installation is pretty sticky - make sure you read through the FAQs and installation troubleshooting tips on the HP page that lists the downloads for your model.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Nicola

Do uninstall the printer drivers you may have been trying to get the printer to work first and then run CCLeaner and its Cleaner and Registry tool (run the registry one until nothing lists for removal)

Then reboot, have your printer plugged in with USB cable and just wait and see if Widnows installs the driver (do have this PC connected to the internet), as the Windows driver database is huge and I didnt have to install any driver from HP for me C4380 as Windows did it, http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Install-a-printer

If it doesnt then use the above driver/s listed.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds