AV to USB Cable

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bogjumper, Mar 26, 2012.

1. bogjumper

bogjumper Private E-2

Good day

This may not be the right forum but I have to start somewhere and hopefully someone can help.
    I have a security camera I want to get working and recording. It believe I may
    have someone milking my heating oil when I am out. This camera (wireless) sends to a receiver which plugs into the tv with a red/yellow AV cable and shows the picture. I want to bypass the tv and connect directly to my laptop. The only connections I have on the Amilo 1818 are
    USB and Lan outlets. So I think I need a AV to Usb connection. Is there such a thing and am I calling it the right name. I have tried a local firm who referred me to their online site but I could not find anything.NCH offer for home use a video capture app which I think will do me if I can make the connection .http://www.nchsoftware.com.
    Thanks for any help.

2. cachehiker

cachehiker Private E-2

3. bogjumper

bogjumper Private E-2

Hi Cachehiker

Many thanks for your prompt reply. That looks like it will do the trick

4. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Or plug what you already have into a VCR instead of the TV.
    Can't deny video evidence.

5. bogjumper

bogjumper Private E-2

Hi hrlow2

Thanks for the idea but dont have a VCR. I think the cable is what I need
    and I will go that route.

6. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

7. bogjumper

bogjumper Private E-2

Hi Billmcc66

Again thanks as I sourced best price at Amazon and they ship to Europe.

8. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Good luck on finding your "milker".

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds