Active X control : how to use

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pari22, Jun 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pari22

pari22 Corporal

Hello all,

I've been involved in supporting workstations and servers for clients for some time. And it's really hard to get to their office sometimes.
    So, time to time, I tried to remotely control the PC's with applications like "PC Anywhere". I do not like "PC Anywhere" that much but that's the only one I've got for now. Also, the problem is, you have to install it on the remote pc first. Meaning, if new client pc, not much I can do about it.
    So, I'm looking to try using Active X control in order to support the clients. Problem is, I do not know where to start. Where or how do I get the control ".exe" file and what else is involved?
    Can anyone help me with this one?

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Not sure I understand ...active x control is in your browser (IE.) ...whcih would have to be enabled on each client ....are you asking how to enable?

3. pari22

pari22 Corporal

Oh? Do you have any idea how much you pay for this service? Can you give me the link?
    And do you know if there is a free version out there??

thanks for your help!

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

5. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

If you need a specific ActiveX Control that fits your own purpose you would nee to write one just like you write an application, and then it has to be installed on the remoter computer.

As an alternative look at the VNC variants in combination with push vnc.

http://www.vncscan.com/Default.htm

:D

6. jconstan

jconstan MajorGeek

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds