Hello, newbie here w/ ?s

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by 1atatime, Mar 6, 2007.

1. 1atatime

1atatime Private E-2

hi everyone, first of all my user name says it all, one key at a timeconfused .

Ive downloaded from here before(great site) but now I have a few ?'s about what program to download for my app.

I recently bought a new camera(kodak c875) and I want to make a movie on windows movie maker with the pics and vid i recorded. I have found out that I need to convert the quicktime format to windows media player compatabilty.
    My ? is what program should i download?

Im not the shapest tool in the shed on the pc so bare with me :eek: .I did find the program called ..xcode for windows .. is this what i need ? my pc gives me a error code when trying to play the vid on win media player saying it cant read the code to unlock the file from the quicktime format that is used in the camera.

any suggestions and help would be greatly appeciated. oh yeah please excuse the grammer too:eek:

thanks
    1atatime

2. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

3. 1atatime

1atatime Private E-2

thanks yargwel, well this is going to be fun im dumb whenit comes to these things so i want to find the easyest fix lol .
    ? am i still going to be able to use my media player for the main player of all my vids once i run it through the vid converter?and then add it to my windows movie maker. i want it to be veiwable to others on the net. 90% of them have wmp or quicktime. im trying to make some vids to share w/ other in our club so i need it to be readable to others too.
    does the quick time pro have movie making in it ?(adding still shots and music)

sorry if im sounding really out there but im lost when it comes to this stuff.

1atatime

4. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

hi and welcome to MG's....

5. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

To answer your questions in order: Yes you can still use media player as your main player.
    This is what the Apple site says about QT Pro which costs $30 by the way::

6. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds