deleting setup files?

Discussion in 'Software' started by sirvern, Feb 28, 2008.

1. sirvern

sirvern Private E-2

I just bought a computer and dont know too much about this, I just downloaded microsoft office 07 online and bought it and set it up. Is it ok to delete that huge .exe file after running and setting it up? I would like that 500 some odd mbs of memmory back...Please help!

2. sosaman

sosaman Sergeant Major

are you talking about what you d/l'd, then installed? if so, i'd at least burn it to a cd, or something (back it up), in case you ever need to reinstall it again (as well as your license key). you might not be given a chance to d/l it again. g/l, sos

3. sirvern

sirvern Private E-2

Yes, I didn't buy a cd from the store, i downloaded it off this site and got a student deal on it. So, I had to download this huge 500mb file and dont want it on there if it doesn't have to be. So if I burn it to a disk it wont effect the way the program runs? It did extract files and then install so I dont think I need that file but I dont know.

4. sosaman

sosaman Sergeant Major

yes, if the .exe file in question is what you clicked on to start the installer, then you can get rid of it. as i mentioned i would save the file to an external h/d, and/or burn it to a disk, as a backup.

5. sirvern

sirvern Private E-2

Ok cool. Thanks for you help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds