Artic Silver

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Toke, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

Just a note to pass on... I bought a new heatsink (HS) and when delivered I set about taking the old off and cleaned and pasted the CPU with the Artic Silver thermal paste, went to put HS on but it was too big for my AMD 3000+ XP, I had ordered wrong one, so I cleaned old HS base and applied Artic Silver to that as well.. Wowee my CPU tempature that was 46/47 ''C'' was now down to 28/29 ''C'' the old paste was just a common one i had picked up at local store. So those with heat problems bear this in mind.. and incidentally, anyone wanna by a cheap ''ThermalTake'' ??? :)

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I dropped 8*C my self with Arctic Silver. Would be less if my case wasn't as warm as it is.

3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

It gets better. If its AS 5 then after about 80 hours of cycling (turning on and off) it can drop another 1-2C as well :)

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

You're absolutely right Goldy. I am using AS5 and my initial drop was 5 or 6C. It has leveled off at around 8 under load. When I mod my case for another fan, then I estimate it to be another 2C lower.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds