Please help me with flash player problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by supermom, Apr 30, 2012.

1. supermom

supermom Private E-2

HI I am unable to use flashplayer for anything on any browser on any website. Firefox says plugin is required but it will not download at all and i ran all the steps in the readme first protocol from the virus malware forums and when i posted the logs I was told there was no malware or virus detected so now I am looking to you for some suggestions. Thanks so much :)

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

if you go to your control panel and then add remove programs, do you see the flash player listed still? Try uninstalling it from there, rebooting, then redownloading flash player from adobe.

3. supermom

supermom Private E-2

Hi
    Thanks for the idea I did try that but when i try to reinstall it will not let me it says :

Problem

You are having problems with downloading or installing Flash Player in Windows. Then the troubleshooting says uninstall and reinstall. Super...SubInACL (SubInACL.exe)
    Also in the troubleshooting steps on adobe it says to run the above but it would not download either.
    Help!

4. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

5. supermom

supermom Private E-2

Ok I followed all the steps from adobe and still nothing. I have windows 7 home prem OA . Running on a dell inspiron that is two months old.
    Thanks

6. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

Can you see the Flash animation at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ ?

In the Firefox address bar type
    Code:
    about:plugins
    does it show you Shockwave Flash as an enabled plugin?

What files do you have in
    • C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash ?
    • C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash ?

P.S. can you also list the contents of the FlashInstall.log files from both folders above?

7. supermom

supermom Private E-2

Yes it is there and enabled and there is also this which I think caused the whole problem and I cannot seem to delete it from my plugins.
    GamingWonderland Installer Plugin Stub

File: NPgtEISb.dll
    Version: 1.0.0.1
    GamingWonderland Installer Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows

MIME Type Description Suffixes
    application/x-gt-gamingwonderlandpluginei GamingWonderland Installer Plugin Stub gti

8. supermom

supermom Private E-2

C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash ?
    Flash

Attached Files:

9. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

I suggest you return to the malware forum. After perusing your logs their are a number of things that have been overlooked.

regards and best of luck. :)

10. supermom

supermom Private E-2

Thank you I will try again :)

11. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

Thank you for the FlashInstall.log file. From the contents I can see that you did not do a full clean install (the FlashInstall.log file should have been deleted in the process, but it still contains old entries from January).

Please come back here when you are cleared in the malware forum. There may be some permission problems that may also need to be fixed.

12. _nullptr

From the Malware forum I see that Firefox was completely uninstalled and reinstalled.
    The directory c:\program files (x86)\GamingWonderlandEI and all of its contents also needs to be removed.

13. supermom

supermom Private E-2

I tried again to do a clean install here is the file Thank you for helping me :)

=O====== M/11.2.202.233 2012-05-02+21-08-36.483 ========
    0000 00000010 "C:\Users\Corrie\Downloads\install_flash_player_64bit (1).exe"
    0001 [W] 00001036 Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayerPlugin/Version 2
    0002 [W] 00001036 Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayerPlugin/PlayerPath 2
    0003 [W] 00001036 Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayerPlugin/Version 2
    0004 [W] 00001036 Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayerPlugin/PlayerPath 2
    0005 00000020 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl
    0006 [W] 00001037 SOFTWARE\MozillaPlugins\@adobe.com/FlashPlayer/ 2
    0007 [W] 00001037 SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adobe Flash Player Plugin/ 2
    0008 [W] 00001036 Software\Mozilla\Firefox\extensions/Plugins 2
    0009 [W] 00001036 Software\Mozilla\MaintenanceService\extensions/Plugins 2
    0010 [W] 00001036 Software\Opera Software/Last CommandLine 2
    0011 [W] 00001036 Software\Opera Software/Last CommandLine 2
    0012 [W] 00001036 Software\Opera Software/Plugin Path 2
    0013 [W] 00001036 Software\Opera Software/Plugin Path 2
    0014 00000014 C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF64_11_2_202_233.dll
    0015 00000015 C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil64_11_2_202_233_Plugin.exe
    0016 00000019 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl
    0017 00000011 1
    =X====== M/11.2.202.233 2012-05-02+21-08-50.225 ========

14. supermom

supermom Private E-2

P.S.
    I did manage to delete the gaming wonderland file you mentioned _nullptr, Thank you for pointing it out. Still no luck though. I'm sorry this is so frustrating for me and probably so simple for you all!

15. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

Thank you for the new FlashInstall.log; this time everything looks perfectly normal!

But you are still unable to use Flash Player? Can you see the Flash animation and version information at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ ? If not, what do you see instead?

16. _nullptr

It may also be worthwhile posting the install log from C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

17. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

Aside from _nullptr's request, can you also try if Flash Player works on the 64-bit version of Firefox: Waterfox ?

18. supermom

supermom Private E-2

HI
    On the adobe site I see a full page and a picture of a survey and it says
    You have version 11,2,202,233 installed
    Here is the log requested
    =O====== M/11.2.202.233 2012-05-02+21-08-43.630 ========
    0000 [W] 00001113 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\\* 3
    0001 00000010 "C:\Users\Corrie\AppData\Local\Temp\{5350C2E8-7E96-49C2-9EB7-6A3C4D4C53DD}\InstallFlashPlayer.exe" -install -skipARPEntry -iv 1
    0002 [W] 00001036 Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayerPlugin/Version 2
    0003 [W] 00001036 Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayerPlugin/PlayerPath 2
    0004 00000020 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl
    0005 [W] 00001037 SOFTWARE\MozillaPlugins\@adobe.com/FlashPlayer/ 2
    0006 [W] 00001037 SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adobe Flash Player Plugin/ 2
    0007 [W] 00001036 Software\Mozilla\Firefox\extensions/Plugins 2
    0008 [W] 00001036 Software\Mozilla\Mozilla Firefox\extensions/Plugins 2
    0009 [W] 00001036 Software\Opera Software/Last CommandLine 2
    0010 [W] 00001036 Software\Opera Software/Last CommandLine 2
    0011 [W] 00001036 Software\Opera Software/Plugin Path 2
    0012 [W] 00001036 Software\Opera Software/Plugin Path 2
    0013 00000014 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_11_2_202_233.dll
    0014 00000015 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil32_11_2_202_233_Plugin.exe
    0015 00000017 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash
    0016 00000019 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl
    0017 00000021 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe
    0018 [W] 00001102
    0019 [W] 00001106
    =X====== M/11.2.202.233 2012-05-02+21-08-47.121 ========

19. supermom

supermom Private E-2

I just installed Waterfox and it says shockwave is enabled but I still can not see any videos or most games.
    Thank you so much for helping I really super appreciate it!

20. _nullptr

The install logs all look fine and the adobe site is correctly detecting the presence of flash, so I guess that possibly some security software is blocking flash.
    Are you able to view the video at http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=1735202&postcount=941 (lol, I don't expect you'll want to watch it all if you can)

21. supermom

supermom Private E-2

Yes !! I can see the video you sent the link for but I cannot see videos on most any other site. I also cannot see pictures on sites like oldnavy.ca .

22. thisisu

thisisu Malware Consultant

Hey!! :p

23. thisisu

Just a FYI, there are traces of a previous installation of McAfee in supermom's logs.

24. supermom

supermom Private E-2

Do you think that may be causing the problems?

25. thisisu

I do not think so, but if it were my computer I wouldn't want traces of a program I no longer use on it.

Which browser are you primarily using? Do you have this problem with more than one browser?
    Do you have an addon like NoScript installed in Firefox?

26. supermom

supermom Private E-2

I was primarily using FF but have switched to chrome and i do have this problem with both. I don't think i have noscript in my add-ons but i will double check. My problems all started after the gaming wonderland download and now they will not stop.

27. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

That basically means that Flash Player is installed and working.

However, some things seem not to be working for you: what exactly do you see instead of the Flash content?

Can you also tell us what display adapter you have, and what device driver version & date it has installed? Sometimes outdated device drivers can prevent Flash Player from showing its full potential. See this article how to find out about your display adapter and device driver: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

28. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Here's what you need to do to uninstall/delete the GamingWonderland Installer plugin:
    1. Open FF and in the address bar, type in
    Code:
    about:config
    and in the Search box type in
    Code:
    plugin.expose_full_path
    2. When this is showing, highlight and double click. The false will turn into true.
    3. Now go back to the address bar and type in
    Code:
    about:plugins
    4. Now you can see all the enabled plugins. Is this GamingWonderland showing?
    5. If it is, below the name, you will see the full path to the plugin. Write it down. Close your browser and open Windows Explorer, go to the location, find it and delete or erase it.

If the plugin is not shown in the list above, I'll provide additional instructions on how to remove something that is disabled and does not show up in the FF listing of enabled plugins.

29. supermom

supermom Private E-2

plodr
    I followed all of your instructions and gaming wonderland is not showing.
    Thanks for helping

30. supermom

supermom Private E-2

Where flash content should be there is a black box .
    Intel hd graphics family
    8.15.10.2455 driver version
    Installed 19/07/2011

31. plodr

To remove a plugin that is disabled, can not be enabled and so it does not appear by following the above instructions, do the following (I've used this to remove plugins that FF disabled because they were not compatible)
    Close FF and look in C:\Program Files\ Mozilla Firefox\plugins

From looking at this page, http://isthisfilesafe.net/product/GamingWonderland Installer Plugin Stub_details.aspx
    it appears that there might be at least 9 or more variations of the GamingWonderland installer plugin. You should be able to right click each thing in that folder, select properties and see what it is.

I also see that something is loaded at startup
    Do you have this running at startup?

32. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

Please go to http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect to check if there is a newer driver available for your device. It is quite possible that a newer driver may fix your Flash Player problem.

I found that the driver check tool above does not work well on Firefox, but it works perfectly on Internet Explorer.

33. supermom

supermom Private E-2

plodr
    I don't know what to be looking for in the properties. I think it is running on startup but again I don't know how to check.

pwillener
    I have checked and there is no newer driver.
    Thank you

34. plodr

In the run box type in msconfig and then the startup tab. Look over everything that is running. If you see anything that might be GamingWonderland, uncheck/untick the box in the front.
    You might get a message at startup telling you that you are running on a selected startup. Don't worry about the message. If we can get flash working, we will find a better way to disable that GamingWonderland annoyance.

35. supermom

supermom Private E-2

I couldn't see any gaming wonderland in msconfig.

36. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

Sorry I was unable to reply to you yesterday; my Internet connection was extremely unstable.

Funny that it would tell you that; there is version 8.15.10.2622 when I go look manually for an updated driver.

But before you go and update your graphics driver, can you try if temporarily disabling hardware acceleration fixes the problem? See http://forums.adobe.com/thread/891337 for instructions.

37. supermom

supermom Private E-2

Hi
    When i follow the link and try to see which version is installed the box where it should be displayed is blank. just a light blue color. :confused

38. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

Is that at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
    or at http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player...eets_the_system_requirements_for_Flash_Player ?

If you right-click on that light-blue space, do you see any options like
    Settings...
    Global settings...
    About Adobe Flash Player...
    ?

If you do see this, can you use Settings to disable Hardware Acceleration?

If you do not see these options, can you try to download the Google Chrome browser, which has Flash Player preinstalled? Does Flash Player work on Google Chrome?

I am not trying to make you change browsers; just to figure out where your problem with Flash Player lies.

39. supermom

supermom Private E-2

HI
    I was able to right click from the first link it was displayed but i didn't see where to disable hardware acceleration. I saw settings but not disable hardware acceleration as a sub category. Sorry.
    GC has a black box where videos should be and some on youtube will play but still on other sites they will not. Roblox.com for example there is no games.

40. plodr

Roblox requites javascript to be enabled. Is javascript enabled in your browser?

41. supermom

supermom Private E-2

Yes it is enabled. Still nothing

42. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

Enable/disable Hardware Acceleration is in the Display tab of Flash Player settings.

Attached Files:

43. supermom

supermom Private E-2

Ok then I can only right click on global settings. I imagine display tab must be under settings and it will not allow me to click that.

44. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

In case this is a Fire/Water-Fox profile problem (they share the same profile), test by using Pale Moon (32 and 64 bit versions on the PM website). It uses it's own profile, picks up and uses installed plugins (like Flash) - but not extensions or anything from the 'fox profile - unless you use the import tool or manually copy over/install.

On any of the 'fox-based browsers, Alt (opens the file menu toolbar) > Help > Troubleshooting information and click Copy all to clipboard - paste the info into a reply please.

45. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

46. sherry_lynn_ridgeway

sherry_lynn_ridgeway Private E-2

Re: Please help me player problem

hi all,
    im having a problem removing/deleting videos i saved using freecorder.
    they appear as "real player" but wont let me delete them , when i do try it tells me to be sure they arent copywrited or in use by another program ,
    please help
    thanks .
    Sherry..:]

47. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

Make sure RealPlayer is closed (also not running in the background).

If you still cannot delete, try using Unlocker.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds