If hacked.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by speigel, Aug 7, 2010.

1. speigel

speigel Private E-2

Can someone hack into my computer and find my passwords to email and such? If so, is it possible for them to use my email address and ip address to spam others? My computer has been slow and earlier this summer my CC number was stolen. I'm worried he got other information from me.

2. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Entirely possible if you have insufficient defenses or visit questionable sites.

3. JonBoyFishhead

JonBoyFishhead Private First Class

very possible, and very easy for someone who would want to do that. although most cc information and email passwords are obtained from phishing. IP address "spoofing" is very common, although, usually on larger networks. Someone can use your IP address to gain network access an look "normal" to network scanners. However, most of the time when this happens, the computer that is having it's IP adress stolen will give you a prompt saying : "there is an IP adress conflict"

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds