My Device Manager says Plug and play?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by IcEy-CoLd, Nov 26, 2005.

1. IcEy-CoLd

IcEy-CoLd Private E-2

b4 i had to spin my HDD it said i had a Acer 19"monitor in device manager
    Now it says Plug and Play...

The CD that came with the monitor.. well its a monitor so its useless..

only reason i ask is b/c i can only run games at 1280x1240 @75h
    i used to be able to run 1600x1280 b4 .. well on doom3.. i don't remember BF2 SF

i wanna fix it from plug and play to acer so maybe that will fix my issuse...

anyone know where i should start to look for info on this topic... google wasn't much help

2. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

resolutions depend on drivers and grahpic cards your using.

3. TheFish

TheFish Private E-2

You need to install the drivers from the CD. It's NOT useless - it tels windows what resolutions your monitor can handle. Without it Windows will assume that only a handful of standard resolutions are available (usually 640x480, 800x600, 1024,768, and 1280,1024).

4. IcEy-CoLd

IcEy-CoLd Private E-2

well same problem i tried everything, still stays plug and play.. and still looks odd

the menu to select type, it doesn't have acer 1914 its so freakin odd... and it doesn't find anything on the cd either when i try to run it.. but it does say system found no hardware better then wut you got... finish or go back...

i am gonna try safe mode witht he cd... maybe i can get lucky

5. TheFish

TheFish Private E-2

The only thing I can think of is to try removing the monitor in Device Manager, then installing the drivers from the CD. Then reboot and hopefully when windows autodetects the monitor it will use the proper drivers instead of the generic ones.

6. IcEy-CoLd

IcEy-CoLd Private E-2

yep, that didn't work

but what did help was a video driver wack, my icons on the screen actully look 1280x1240... so i did notice a lil inprovment.. so its gettin there

games still don't feel right... plug and play.... in device.. but on Nvid icon it says
    acer1914 but can't have any commands over it

so my next idea is keep sending e-mails to acer... but for right now its all nice and everything is great

but i will figure this out "the cd only has ... "quick start guide, manual, and get adobe reader..
    only 3 things on the cd... so its not a driver problem . its more a config problem .. b/c the pc doesn't say i have an LCD like it used to..

i also went in bios and disabled plug and play on the mobo lol.. didn't work.. damn i don't know wut eles to try

7. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

Plug and Play monitor means that you can plug it and use it without installing any drivers. If your having problems with the monitor not displaying correct resolutions or refresh rates, then you need to uninstall your old video drivers and have the newest ones available to use.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds