HELP! With Route/bridging

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Stik62, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Stik62

Stik62 Private E-2

Here is the scenerio. A XP pro dual NIC machine connected to a workgroup on segment "A" (NIC A) and a auto dial system on its own segment segment "B" (NIC B) (no wan access). I need remote access to the auto dial system (using a specified port) via segment "A" from the internet. I am not that familiar with routing and dont know if bridging can do what i need (I havent set up routes or bridges yet). The port has been forwarded in the router to NIC "A". I believe it should be forwarded to NIC "B" via a route or bridge, right? If so what method and how? If more info is needed let me know. Thanks!

2. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

3. pyromaniak

pyromaniak Private E-2

let me see if i understand you correct.

You configured your router to forward lets say port 21 (ftp) to your NIC B , your computer is on the same segment than NIC A, with the router.

so your internet router that forward the packet to your computer only knows your computer on the A segment , it has no clue about the B segment (yes you need to configure routing)

now the quiz question , does your router support static routing ?????

if your

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds