Laptop: white screen of DOOM...HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jawa Slayer, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Jawa Slayer

Jawa Slayer Corporal

Hey guys,
    this laptop is really driving me crazy now. I bought a LCD for my Toshiba Satellite 4030CDT and had problems after installing it; the computer wouldn't start up. Thats fixed now:) but the new LCD just boots up a white screen. I've looked on google and there are 3 main views as to the reason for this:
    1. The ram needs changing, 2. the LCD cable needs the fuse changing or 3. the LCD is dead. The guy I bought it from said it was working, and I don't buy the ram suggestion. I've checked the connections and they seem fine, and the computer displays normally on an external monitor. Does anyone here know of this problem and what a possible solution might be?
    Cheers

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

The flex cable connecting the screen to the mobo could be either still be loose or damaged ( sometimes the metal connector parts get oxidised and need a little clean with something roughish eg. fine wetNdry "grit paper" nail file or similar to clean up the contacts ) or another possibility is the converter is duff as well.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds