software for backup

Discussion in 'Software' started by bern, Jan 1, 2004.

1. bern

bern Sergeant

what software can i use to create a back up of various docs. but i want create is the first back up, and then when i have new docs or worked on older docs i can just take the whole folder and place it on the older folder and the new info will be saved.

why i ask this is a friend of mine every time he backs up he drags every doc over one by one, very time consuming

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

3. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK MajorGeeks Forum Administrator Staff Member

Last edited: Jan 1, 2004
  4. Major Attitude

Nice one. Ill check into it and add it here.

5. bern

bern Sergeant

i know this sound silly but i cannt find where it was save to. i am using backup genie

6. Joe

Joe =CENSORED=

I use My briefcase for backing up document, Just creat a new briefcase on the zip disk/pen drive, and it will tell me which document have been modified and need to be backed up. Its not pretty but it works, to date I've still got the orginal documents off my first PC a P133.

7. bern

bern Sergeant

i tried the dvd genie but it makes a complete backup but i want to only keep backing up the new docs that i make instead of creatint new whole zips all the time [ if this is possible ] as for the breifcase i dont know if the kids deleted it because it is nowhere to be seen

8. Joe

Joe =CENSORED=

Right click/New/breifcase

9. JSDK

JSDK Private E-2

Try RKopie http://home.hccnet.nl/s.j.francke/rkopie/rkopie.htm best freeware backup program Ive seen but interface somehow a little annoying, must be me. Simple to set up tho, point and click thats it. Does what it says on website, what most want. Also important that is updated often :) Think I have tried most of the freeware programs - if you want simplicity and still some useful options this is my winner. Payware is in other league, some very cool ones avail. but RKopie beat them with pricetag :)

10. offmdan

offmdan Guest

Looking for a good back-up program (freeware or shareware) that can to it to CD-RW and which can also easily restore the file.

Have tried Burn4free which is nice to back-up but can't seem to find the way for an easy restore the back-uped file. Help index available online doesn't answer this question.

11. Aurelius

Aurelius Private First Class

Try Karen's Replicator :)

12. offmdan

offmdan Guest

Doesn't say that you can back-up to CD or CD-RW

13. Aurelius

Aurelius Private First Class

Sorry, you can't back-up to CD-RW.
    I know of no such program.

14. bern

bern Sergeant

thanks man could have slapped myself :)

15. bern

bern Sergeant

i was having a look at nero 6 it has a backup feature and also a restore

has anyone used this if so what are the pros and cons

16. Major Attitude

Nero6? I have been a registered user since the 5 series. It is one of, if not the best, all in one solutions for CD and now DVD writing out there. I have never regretted buying it and am going to buy 6.

FYI, use our shopping engine to find cheap prices on some of this software. Often times, you can find a better deal, especially if you dont mind OEM (basically no box or manuals) I found Nero 6 OEM for under 6 dollars here:

http://majorgeeks.pricegrabber.com/..._keyword=Nero+6&Search=Go&ut=183b845fae0489a6

All software:

http://majorgeeks.pricegrabber.com/home_software.php/ut=183b845fae0489a6

Thanks for considering using our shopping engine. The owners (Jim and myself) have and do use it, we both actually bought Dells through there for family members for Xmas presents.

17. Major Attitude

FYI, I use Acronis True Image and\or Powerquest Drive Image for image creating and restoring of my hard drive. Currently I use Powerquest as it supports more newer hard drives like SATA and seems a bit faster. Both will backup to any major CDR drive.

Cool, I replied to myself.

18. bern

bern Sergeant

wow this is a great price for full product . a friend of mine bought nero but he had to pay extra for all the plug in [ nero vision , mp3 pro etc ] does this apply for this product as well

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds