Please help my HD is failing?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by techiegirl2, Sep 4, 2004.

1. techiegirl2

techiegirl2 Corporal

After booting my computer up, I received the following error:

Pri Slave HDD error
    Press F1 to resume

Is this an indication that my hard drive is failing or is it something else that I can repair here?

I also am currently working on a Nero problem as I have been receiving fixation errors. This is posted in another thread.

Assistance would be greatly appreciated. :eek:

2. Strogg

Strogg 5-Star Freakin' Geek

worst case scenario is that your seconday hard drive failed (if you even have one...), so i'd just boot up the computer and see if your second hard drive works.

if your primary slave is a cdrom drive, then it might be the reason behind the nero problem, but i wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet.

3. techiegirl2

techiegirl2 Corporal

I am not sure of that, but I will look into it. Right now, I have rebooted and the error is not there. Although I still have the Nero problem with a fixation error and the program will not let me burn CD's. A lot of the geeks gang has given me different things to do like upgrading firmware (which I have not done before) and even re-installing the Nero program. I have done that and still receive the fixation error.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds