back on my feet

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BILLMCC66, Jul 28, 2007.

1. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

hey guys n gals update on the state of my back and neck.

well on the way to recovery i can now stand with the help of crutches (max 1 hour per day) and with the physiotherapy am learning to walk again(next year the marathon)

check out the metalwork in my back it's not pretty but it works (yuppeeeeee)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

all the small things in the lower photo are the metal clips they use to hold the wound together.

i have the same in my neck but no photos for the moment.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Congat's!!! ....could be a real b*tch going thru airport security.....LOL

3. dromano

dromano Staff Sergeant

You might think about changing your name to BIONICBILLMCC:cool

4. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

thanks Tim i have the airport thing yet to come

[​IMG]

5. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

good call Dromano i like it :D

6. gal1998

gal1998 solo-cob

Glad to hear your recovery is going well, Lots of metal parts there lol

7. Grumbles

Grumbles Bamboozled Geek

Glad that you are on the mend Bill :)
    Can you not create a bionic smilie?
    As i have said before, you have the funniest
    smilies on the planet :)

Wishing you a speedy recovery :)

8. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

A picture really is worth a thousand words thats some heavy duty kit,are you in alot of pain?I know someone who had a lumbar puncture recently just a single needle into the spin three times and he described it as the most painful experience in his life,I can only imagine what your going through confused

9. darlene1029

darlene1029 A Grand Lady- R.I.P. 06/06/2012

Good for you Bill, looks like one heck of a surgery you went through. Wish you well. :clap :strong :dood

10. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Best of luck to you Bill! Good to hear you on back on your feet, even for a little bit.

E

11. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Glad to hear you are getting better Bill

Hope you have a speedy recovery :wave

12. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Thank to everyone for your kind words.

it is a bit painful sometimes but it's not heavy pain plus i have some serious painkillers if needed.

yes the lumbar puncture is painful i have had a lot of those before the op for Cortisone but that's now stopped thank god

[​IMG]

13. Solange

Solange Sergeant Major

That smiley seems appropriate, but I was thinking more in the line of Terminator, maybe it is time you apply for that kind of job, seeing as Arnold is getting on a bit and could do with some help!

All kidding aside, so glad to hear you are getting better! It is amazing what can be done, that the human body can be altered and messed with like that, with a positive outcome! I hope the rest of your mending period goes smooth! :)

14. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

That's no problem Solange i have a good sense of humor(i need it with my friends here) they call me WHEELIE as for Arnold i am not sure but i think i am about the same age (I'm 60 next month)

is this more in line with what you were thinking.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2007
  15. Solange

Solange Sergeant Major

Yes, exactly! I realise you need a few more bolts and micro processors to advance in to that, but with modern science... :D

16. darlene1029

We have Arnold :( his sole focus is on how to become president, doesn't realize his performance as gov. just might be a step toward that direction rolleyes

17. abri

abri MajorGeek

a Belgian Borg .... well :major

:)
    hope you have pretty nurses to guide you ...
    best wishes for a steady improvement!

abri

18. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Thank you dear friends for all your kind comments and cheery word i was a bit depressed from all the pain and restrictions on my ability to do things i realise of course there are people far worse than me (some of them members on here) so when i read the wonderful thing on here it gives me a great lift.

the most positive thing is that the day will come when i can walk again so i look forward to then.

THANKS AGAIN BIONIC BELGIAN[​IMG]

19. Burning_Monkey

Burning_Monkey MajorGeek

I would have a hard time not sticking magnets to that stuff, but then again, I am a pretty sick man :)

20. darlene1029

Depressed is not what you have ever came across as being, though you have every right to be. Your strength and humor are an inspiration. I have been looking forward to surgery for almost a year now. One thing or another keeps postponing it. It has me so stressed I was on the verge of canceling it altogether but hearing what you've been through is giving me the fortitude to go ahead and get it done and over with. I don't expect to be as brave as you by any means. I plan to shuffle around and moan and groan for a time.
    All the best to you we are all pulling for you to walk. As rough as it will be if anyone can do it you sir will.

21. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

hey Darlene i did not mean to sound morbid but sometimes the black cloud comes over when i start to feel sorry for myself and then i get on MGs and it helps me to forget my problem (i need all my concentration to find new jokes and smileys)

i don't know what you need you surgery for but if it's anything like mine and it will help your quality of life (mine was painful but i have positive result in the fact without it i had no chance to walk again) GO FOR IT and i hope you get the same positive outlook they have given to me.

don't forget pain is not forever and the surgeon today can perform miracles.

[​IMG]

see i came out of my shell

22. darlene1029

Your anything but morbid . Have you noticed being told to take it easy LS gets especially concerned, with good reason. My surgery is nowhere close to what you've been through. I have emphysema and last year discovered a doctor in Los Angeles who does Lung Reductions, turns out I am a candidate. The medical community where I live is a joke so far behind, not just the medical, everything. Came across this by visiting my daughter. It's a go just waiting for the jokers in my area to get tests completed and I'm gone. As I said you are an inspiration, we are pulling for you here. If you get down or depressed you have every right to. I have not noticed it and surly your not there for long. Thank You for your encouragement also.

23. Calltaker

Calltaker MajorGeek

Good on ya mate!!

Hope the recovery keeps going along as well as it seems to be so far.

~C

24. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

Hey Bill,

I wanted to say congradulations! your progress seems to going quite well. You dont strike me much as a complainer, your spirit is very upbeat and jovial. When I was in a car accident and had to learn to walk again - I whined, cried and complained (then again I was 8 LOL).

I know it's tough work re-learning that stuff again but I know you can do it. When your feeling down just remember you got people here routing for you :)

25. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

your a DYAMOND by name and a DIAMOND by nature thank you.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2007
  26. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Bill, never got around to wishing you well (no excuse) I'm glad you are getting better.

27. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Hey MUSKIE no problems you don't need an excuse, thank you my friend [​IMG]

28. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

:eek: :) thanks bill. i am jealous of all your smilies though LOL

29. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Excellent news Bill...so happy to hear you've graduated to crutches!...you certainly are doing it the hardway by going straight to land type exercises...surprised that you didn't start off with aquatherapy (or hydrotherapy as it is sometimes termed)...but I guess you're made of pretty robust stuff!

Good one, my friend...here's to your "marathon" in 2008;)

Cheers

LS

30. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Hey LS where have you been for the last few weeks.

regarding the post i am taking advise from my surgeon he says i can stand for about 1 hour per day.

progress is too slow for my liking but i am being very calm about it.

thanks for the good wishes.[​IMG]

31. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

'fraid it takes time...at least now you're forced to "smell the roses";) Be patient my friend...you're doing astonishingly well from what I've read of your progress and given what you've been through.

btw, Things changed at my end, so will check in when possible...particularly to check on your progress.

Cheers

LS

32. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Hey Bill, good to hear that you are back on your feet again, albeit, part-time a.t.m. Yes, these things do take time, but at least you ARE improving.:)

@ L.S.:- Yes I do hope you won't be a stranger around these parts, too. I miss your input and humour, too. :)

33. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Great Bill,straight back on the horse :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds