Case Wires

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BeerMonkey, Oct 13, 2004.

1. BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey Master Sergeant

I just got my new case.
    It has all the wires it requires(POWER BUTTON, HDD LED, ETC).
    My problem is where do i connect all these to my mobo.
    For my old case i can see where they are conncted, but do they have to bee in the same order.
    A site with some picures would be helpfull.
    Thanks

2. SiLenZe

SiLenZe Private First Class

yes they have to be in the exact same spot.
    your motherboard manual will tell you where to connect the wires

3. BeerMonkey

I do not have one!
    WHAT DO I DO NOW??

4. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

all your connectors should have black ends with white writing on yes? well if you match these words/codes to what you can see on the mobo then you're in there! my power button, hdd led etc connectors go to the bottom right of the mobo but this might not always be the case. the main cabels for power button etc go into bronze connectors that are in a group of about 14 (2 rows of about 7 i think...)
    if you can give the model of your mobo i can probably show you!

5. BeerMonkey

Ok, here.
    MS-6577

6. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

right well if this is your motherboard - http://shop.store.yahoo.com/justdeals/ms6577.html then it looks like the connectors are in the bottom right as i said. you only really need 4 connectors for the power and led's to work - pwr sw, reset sw, hd sw and i think the last is pw sw i can't remember i rigged one up last night, i'll open my case in a second and confirm the ones you need. i have the new black zorro case and it only require pwr sw, reset sw and hd sw.
    if you can see these written on the cables and motherboard, connect each one that corresponds to each and it should work, i can't think of any other reason why it wouldn't!

7. BeerMonkey

Im going to go make the switch, wish me good luck.

8. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

http://www.emeyer.co.uk/temp/xenon3_manual.pdf

Theres the manual. There should be a section in there that tells you exactly what each header does (the pins sticking up out of the board). Don't just guess, if you connect the LEDs up wrong it is possible that it won't boot, not at all good for troubleshooting.

All the info you need is on Page 23

9. BeerMonkey

I have conected everything to my new case.
    Thanks for all the help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds