asking for advice

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ssjchris_29, Sep 5, 2005.

1. ssjchris_29

ssjchris_29 Private E-2

Well, my giga-byte 7gaxp board is dieing and almost dead. i'm back in the market for a new motherboard and perhaps a processor if the price is right. My problem is that my budget is only around 150, and i want to use everything minux the board and maybe processor in my next computer. this means, i have 4x sticks total of 512mb strips DDR400 ram begging to be used in dual channel mode.... lol. anyways, i want to know what the fastest motherboard/processor/heatsink-fan combo i can get is, for 150 bucks (and that's a hard maximum there, i cannot go over that). Dual processor would be totally awesome, but unfortunitly i cant do that cause the ncch-dl board is 230+ bucks... but at the moment i'm looking at the Soyo KT880 motherbaord cause it supports all my hard drives and optical drives, is dual channel, and i can get a 333mhz fst Athlon XP 3000+ combo from Newegg for 114 bucks after rebate..... can anyone recommend me something faster than this for such a low budget? Thanks!

Chris

2. sleepygamer213

sleepygamer213 First Sergeant

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds