Removing Sp2

Discussion in 'Software' started by XKazeCloudX, May 14, 2006.

1. XKazeCloudX

XKazeCloudX Private First Class

I need to remove sp2 but the run command and add remove program doesnt work. Does anybody know how to remove it? it came with my Os Cd. Thanks

2. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> I need to remove sp2 but the run command and add remove program doesnt work. Does anybody know how to remove it? it came with my Os Cd. Thanks XKazeCloudX <<

Click Here:
    How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer

Important Notes: Make sure to read that page entirely before making any changes to your PC; especially the Notes and WARNINGS on that webpage.

As a precaution make sure to Create a System Restore Point before making any changes to your PC. This will allow you to return your computer settings to the state your PC was in - prior to uninstalling.

It takes like 30 seconds to perform a System Restore Point and can save you many hours of headaches and frustration; should something unforeseen go wrong during the SP2 uninstallation process. System Restore is only available in Windows Millennium (Me) and the Windows XP (Home and Pro) Operating Systems

Good Luck

3. XKazeCloudX

ive already used that link and inside none of the procedures work.:rolleyes:

thankyou for your suggestion

4. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> ive already used that link and inside none of the procedures work. thank you for your suggestion XKazeCloudX <<

I'm no 'authority' on this; but as far as I know; if SP2 is "embedded" then you cannot remove it.

When a user downloads SP2 from Microsoft, and then installs it for example, the SP2 can be removed in various ways. If your CD says "Windows XP Home (or Professional) with SP2" it cannot be removed and you have to keep SP2.

This is true for some other MS Service Packs as well. For instance, you cannot remove Service Packs from ADD/Remove some Office products. Once the Office SP is installed - if you try to remove a Microsoft Office 2003 service pack from your computer and revert to your original installation of Office 2003, you soon discover that you cannot remove the service pack.

In order to remove Office 2003 service packs from your computer, you must remove all the Office 2003 programs and then reinstall all the Office 2003 programs from your original Office 2003 CD-ROM. Also, the skin-flints at Microsoft only let you reinstall Office 2003 a limited number of times. They say this is to ‘prevent’ piracy but that’s baloney because once you use the max number of installs, you can’t even reinstall on the same machine. I just can't see how reinstalling on the same machine can be considered "piracy." Microsoft just want users to pony up for a new Office Install CD, is all…

Sorry I couldn't be more help to you here. :)

Good Luck!

5. XKazeCloudX

aawwwwwww stupid computer T_T

6. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Not wanting to butt in (butt!), may I ask why you want to remove it?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds