Trying to recover iPhone photos from iCloud to a desktop

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Software' started by LindaJH, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LindaJH

LindaJH Private E-2

My son's iPhone was stolen a few months ago and many of his project photos were on his iPhone. (He had set up auto backup to iCloud.) I am trying to recover those photos. I have installed iCloud for Windows on my Win7 desktop but the program wants him to register his current phone which is not an iPhone. According to what I've read on the web I should be able to access his iCloud and open & download his photos to my desktop, but instructions are vague to none. Most of the instructions I've found on the web all talk about how to download iCloud storage to a new iPhone. I'm having no luck trying to get this to work. Has anyone done this before who can help walk me through doing this?
    Thanks
    Linda

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Linda

I had an iPhone that I gave away to my mom but my old iCloud account is still working try accessing not from an app as it may need a device to be plugged in as iTunes does, but try direct to iCloud here > https://www.icloud.com/ and log in with registration email and password that the phone had.

I get to this fine on a Windows PC btw and can access many of what was saved on my old phone that was clouded! before I wiped and reset the phone for a new user, could be similar to your sons being stolen.

3. Cgvmellii

Cgvmellii Private E-2

Good tips ,thanks ! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds