Wireless Network Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DaftMinded, Nov 19, 2004.

1. DaftMinded

DaftMinded Private E-2

I have a computer that I am working on that uses the D-Link DWL-G510 I believe. When I do everything like I should installing the drivers and what not I can get a connection just fine. Everything works no problems at all, but when I reboot then it cant find any connection yet if you uninstall the drivers and reinstall them it works again.

2. RickM

RickM Private First Class

This can be hard to solve without being there to see what the utility interface looks like. I'll try to start with the basics. I don't know what you know or don't know. I have had trouble with some wireless cards not holding their settings after reboot but your problem may be something else. So,, here is the first things, How are you assigning your IP address? Static or DHCP. Are you using a Cable or DSL router? Make sure you can save your profile correctly with your utility as well as network adapter. Some cards, you just setup your network adapter totally in your TCP/IP Settings. Others do it for you in the utility, so alot depends on what you have. I know I am getting long winded, but it helps to get as much information as I can....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds