Uploading and Downloading

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Denise_M, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

As of 10/27/05, I can no longer upload or download from WinMx because I switched my isp from SBCGlobal to Comcast.

My operating system is XP Pro. For the past 4 years, I had DSL service through SBCGlobal. Two days ago, I switched to Comcast and since then, I can no longer d/l or u/l files at WinMx. I have gone to Vladd's website but it didn't help. I have all the newest patches. I turned off my Windows firewall and my malware, anti-virus and anti-spyware programs but it didn't help. I mapped new ports in Windows firewall specifically for WinMx but it didn't help. I turned off Windows firewall and downloaded and installed Sygate firewall but it didn't help. I uninstalled winmx, downloaded and installed a new winmx.exe file but it didn't help. I did the same by downloading and installing a different version of winmx.exe but it didn't help. I have been to several help chatrooms at winmx but nobody has come up with a solution to my problem. The only change to my computer was the installation of a Comcast modem, a "Wireless Cable Modem, Gateway." I called Comcast and asked them if it had a firewall or if it blocks things such as d/ling or u/ling files at WinMx and I was told that it did not. I went to my isp address and saw nothing that would block me from d/ling or u/ling at WinMx but I could see only what Comcast has chosen to allow its customers to see.

But here's the kicker. The cable is connected to my computer and the wireless modem has an antenna that operates my daughter's internet service on her PC. Her PC can still d/l and u/l files at WinMx.

Does anyone know of any settings, either at WinMx, on my PC, or with Comcast that can be changed so that I can again d/l and u/l files at WinMx? The only other solution would be to change my internet connection back to SBCGlobal but that would cost me an additional $40 a month.

I'd appreciate any input and would gladly supply any additional info you may need. Thanks in advance.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds