Took Ivan To The Range... 100 Yard Shots

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fred_G, May 20, 2012.

1. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Well, did some shooting this weekend in my favorite hay field. We had some nice guns, SKS, Garand, and of course the old Mosin Nagant.

Have been wanting to shoot the old gun at 100 yards, open sights, just to see what I could hit. Overall pretty good! My first 5 rounds were high, everything else is pretty much minute of nazi (marked by a black sharpie) had a couple of fliers with the last 5 shots.

I don't claim to be a marksman, and this is shot open sights, 100 yards, with a 82 year old rifle shooting surplus ammo.

Was a fun day. :-D:-D

We are looking into getting a spotting scope. Just cause I am too lazy to walk 200 yards every 5 to 10 shots.

A few minor adjustments on the sights, and this gun will be good to go.

Attached Files:

2. Serious Sam

Serious Sam Corporal

thinking about getting one of those (Mosin's) but think I'd rather plunk down on a Keltec SUB instead, or a Hi Point carbine (yes, I love cheap guns)

3. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Not familiar with those guns. Have heard of Hi Point, will take my Russian surplus over that. :-D

4. Serious Sam

Serious Sam Corporal

5. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

6. Serious Sam

Serious Sam Corporal

I don't see much use for it either other than the look in the fool's eyes as he was looking down the barrel after entering my home :D

7. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

8. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds