MSINET.OCX ... outdated??

Discussion in 'Software' started by ELMO4635, Sep 15, 2007.

1. ELMO4635

ELMO4635 Private E-2

Whenever my wife boots up her computer, she gets the following Message:

web

Failed to load control "Inet" from MSINET.OCX. Your version of MSINET.OCX may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application.

We are running WindowsME... yeah, I know, I need to upgrade. But, how do I know what MSINET.OCX File to upgrade too, and what application is it talking about?

Nothing appears to be running bad or slow, just everytime she boots up, it appears.

Thanks!

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Locate msinet.ocx in C:\windows\system32, right click and select properties then check the version number.
    I don't have ME installed any more but on my 2K computer, the version is 6.0.88.62 with a date of 2000 so I suspect ME would use the same.
    I just checked and in 98 in C:\windows\system it is listed as version 6.0.8862
    You can download it from here
    Code:
    http://www.nodevice.com/dll/MSINET_OCX/item12160.html

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds