Action against the bank bonuses

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BILLMCC66, Apr 16, 2011.

1. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

We are all unhappy with the bonus culture in the banking sector but if enough people did this it would soon change.

Belgian city pulls out millions in protest at bank bonuses

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Bill

I personally agree with you and your post, unless the collective do actions like this the baniks top flight workers are going to keep getting bonuses like this, many are the analysts that bgger up or just guess as to the markets next hit or miss, they dont care for the investor but themselves and go ooops! if they get it wrong and the pensioner living on limited means looses alot of that highly prized interest on their savings accounts etc.

Think the fightback from some EU contries is starting in many areas of our lives, not only baniking, personally I want the UK out of the EU as its doing nothing for me, damn glad we never took on the Euro currency.

HBT dunno.... think we have let a few ride of late that would have been in the HBT area so this is a general thing if we keep it not so contentious.

3. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

I understand your concern David regarding HBT, it was not intended as such more for an informative comment but i can see it getting a bit heated.
    If it does get out of hand i will not be offended if you were to close it.
    Bill

4. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

We get the same 'golden handshakes' and pork barrelling over here. And yeah, I think that people, especially the small and medium investor has to start talking with their money, otherwise there are simply no consequences for the fat cats getting, what I would term, as outrageous handouts of shareholders and savers cash.

5. DavidGP

I agree Bill, and finance for us all is tight at present due to interest rates on savings to general costs of items, so I know I will keep an eye on the thread but think its worth discussing as we are all from different countries so would be a useful if kept civil discussion on the banks and what we are personally doing to max our investements.

I know alot on here are retired so its got to hurt alot in the interest rates being sooo low that your savings are not getting returns that where seens say 5yrs ago, I know my investements are returning poorly, so I'm just moving accounts around to get the best % return per year, its not high as max is 3% tax free on one account for me as the best.

So in part if you would allow me the pleasure Bill, I would like to turn the tread to not attacking the banks 100% but to a what can we do for ourselves as I bet many of you have great tips as to best options for saving? never know may help others in your locality.

6. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Be my guest David.

7. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

8. DavidGP

Ouch as that is a large transaction amount for a bank to miss, maybe this will signal a warning shot to banks, maybe the UK needs to do the same, but alas I fear that we are stuck in the muds that dont do anything radical!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds