Laptop Cant Find My Desktop Printer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Global2004, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Global2004

Global2004 Private First Class

Hello Everyone,

My desktop computer is connected to my HP Photosmart C5280 Printer by a USB Cable. My computer is running Windows 7 Pro

I can print just fine from my desktop.

I went to print a document from my laptop (Windows 7 Home Premium) and on the MS Word print page it said my printer was Offline.

I went to Devices and Printer on my laptop and removed my printer from the list. I then tried to "add a printer" I selected Network and it started "Searching for available printers..." It said, "No printers found."

I was able to print from my laptop in the past.

Can anyone help me with this issue.

Cheers,
    Global2004

2. Global2004

Global2004 Private First Class

This problem has been resolved

3. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Told us about the solution to your problem , perhaps the next member with same problem need this :wave

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I suspect the poster forgot to turn on the desktop computer and printer. When you share a printer attached to another computer, that computer must be on. (That would be something I'd forget about).

I have my one printer attached to the router through a print server. 6 computers in the house can print to it as well as to a printer connected directly to the computer.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds