Horrid problem, please help :(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kitsune, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Kitsune

Kitsune Private E-2

Wasn't sure whether to put this in the game or hardware forum... but this seems to get more exposure...

Copied from another forum:

Alright, the problem is that absolutely no games are working properly on this computer. I've tried the following software:

Quake 3: Some servers don't load.
    Counter Strike: Computer crashes and requires reboot a few minutes into a game.
    Black and White: Gets past the "Black Isle" screen on startup, but just leaves me with a black screen afterwards, requiring a reboot.
    World of Warcraft: Gets past the "Blizzard" animation on startup, but just leaves me with the background of the main menu with a frozen mouse pointer in the center of the screen. (in game version of mouse)

I've tried reinstalling my display drivers, but that hasn't done anything. When I think of more things which don't work, I'll post them up here.... but I really need to get this sorted ASAP. >_<

My specs are as follows:

Athlon AMD 3700+
    NForce 4 SLI Motherboard
    2x1GB RAM
    Geforce6800GT 256MB
    Creative Sound Blaster Platinum (Live!) Card

And if it's at all related, my CD drive isn't working. (DVD drive is.)

The computer is only a couple months old too. It was custom made by some idiot... so I'm not sure if the hardware are incompatible. -_-

I definitely have DirectX 9c, and I've tried a system reinstall, but that did nothing.

I'll be very grateful to anyone who can help me... :(

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds