I hate summer because....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mcadam, Jul 2, 2006.

1. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Yeh firstly sorry for being inactive recently, haven't spent as much time here as I used to but things are gonna change - I will :D

Also, I hate summer because my pc is overheating, dying, restarting, graphics can't cope so need a better cooler for it (watercooling poss????) so I'm using the DIY method of the room fan against the case with the side off :)

Anyone else having this problem? I understand it's probably worse for you folks in the US - we're just not used to it here!

2. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

My pc is less than crap and I have to cope with it until my new ones arrives.
    But so far summer is going fine.

3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

YES.

My computer BSOD'd twice today, so I got annoyed with it and took it to bits, cleaned it out, reapplied heatsink paste, changed the filters and fiddled with the airflow. Hopefully it'll be a bit more stable now .... :mad:

4. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

Warm, but not critically so. Mobo temp runs mid-40s, CPU at 51 C. Currently running AMD 64 3500+ with a pair of GeForce 7600GTs in SLI. In an old Lian-Li case that wasn't really meant for this much heat. I never hit dangerous levels, so haven't really been motivated to drill holes or buy a new case.

House air conditioning makes the season irrelavent as far as the PC is concerned. 98 degrees F today. EVERYBODY around here has air conditioning.

5. Solange

Solange Sergeant Major

I love Summer...

I love Summer because...

[​IMG]

...in a few days I'll be here! :) Sweden is magical this time of year, and the archipelago is waiting for me!

Till then, I'll spend my time gaming or spamming forums! [​IMG]

6. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Good for you Solange, nice pic also. I embrace the summer as it's so short here and one has to take advantage of it! I agree with mcadam though, we're also not used to the hot summers here either of late. Man, we had 30C temps in April and there was still snow in the woods. It was like flipping a switch and bringing in summer during the spring. Too much too fast! My AMD 64 3000+ came through with flying colours. I only use the room A/C when it's too humid, humidex over 35 C.

7. Jerkyking

Jerkyking Sergeant Major

Summer Rocks!!! Just got home from a buddys retirement party. His wife rented a beach house for the week in Virginia Beach (where we live). Great food, cold beer, pool, ocean, friends and family. I'm off tomorrow (and Tuesday) so its my turn to fire up the smoker and BBQ a pork butt.

Step away from the PC and get outside!.

8. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

But, the sun! THE SUN!!!!

I guess I should get my arse into gear and order a MajorGeeks Hat ;)

9. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

No :) I have got a copper XP-90,an NV5 silencer and five 120mm silverstone case fans,I run all the fans at minimum 24\7,I run the 80mm fan on the XP-90 lower than minimum allowed by the aerogate fan controller by adding an extra potentiometer between the fan and the controller it just gets enough voltage to spin at startup which keeps my a643500 below 50c at full load overclocked to 2.62 24\7 stock voltage,the old girls getting on now hopefully I can upgrade soon,there just not enough game ATM worth upgrading for:confused: ,I'm not sure I can go back to mindless 3D shooters after playing Oblivion,its the first game for years thats done things I didnt know were gonna happen

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Sat infront of the A/C with my laptop...no problems here :D

11. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

i LOVE summer. coming from gray rainy england, the novelty of living in permanent summer has yet to wear off. aloha from true paradise. :)

12. Natakel

Natakel Guest

Summer, winter, fall . . . doesn't matter much to me. I don't go outside anymore then I have too! lol

If nature would be considerate and stay a nice 72 degrees all year round I might consider venturing forth more often . . . :p

13. Natakel

Natakel Guest

Nah, I'd have to go outside to move . . . can't risk getting nature on me:eek:

14. BigBird

BigBird Private First Class

hahahaha....space ghost!!!

15. Burning_Monkey

Burning_Monkey MajorGeek

I hate summer because I am pasty white and the heat is not what this boy needs. When a person sweats just sitting around, it is too damn humid and hot.

16. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

I agree Laurie. It's going to take years of hot summers to completely dry that English rain out my bones! As long as I have my Beconase, I am good to go! :D

17. Burning_Monkey

Burning_Monkey MajorGeek

I don't mind cold damp rain, I mind rain, then 100F temp to really drive that humidity through the roof.

I really mind that my office doesn't have air conditioning and I work in a hog slaughering plant, right next door to an animal rendering plant. Opening the windows is not an option. :(

18. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

No problem with my PC's because of heat related issues, but then I don't use cutting edge hardware. I enjoy summer!:)

19. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

This is how I've coped -

[​IMG]

20. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

........it eventually ends. ;)

Steve

21. Strange1

Strange1 Staff Sergeant

I *LOVE* summer. With the mtns just out my back door, I can be me. Also that's the time of bluegrass festivals and jams. You can have my share of winter.

Jack

22. Jerkyking

Jerkyking Sergeant Major

I would see your point in that environment, my High School was near a Hog plant. What is "animal rendering"?

23. Strange1

Strange1 Staff Sergeant

Rendering is where they make lard (etc) from the tallow (fat). To get the impurities out.

Jack

24. Burning_Monkey

Burning_Monkey MajorGeek

And several other thing too. None of which smell very good.

Ever wonder where pet food comes from?

25. abri

abri MajorGeek

why's it under the desk, she asks innocently.
    :D abri

26. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

Not had any problems with mine but I did rebuild it into a massive server case I had lying around so theres more fans in there than the airconditioning system at NASA, now I just need to stop the noise.

Its not been rebooted in around 3 weeks and still running sweet. Although its my development box so its not on the internet and is probably over speced for what I use it for. but so far no problems with the heat.

Matt

27. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Because there's no space for it to go anywhere else :p

28. Burning_Monkey

Burning_Monkey MajorGeek

My Lian-Li PC75B runs pretty cool. But then again, I am moving 200 cfm of air. That is more than some car engines run on. :)

29. lb4norleans

lb4norleans Who 'dat

Re: I love Summer...

Holly Cow that's a pretty lookin place, may'hap someday I'll get over that'a way...

Have fun on the boat...

30. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Very pretty.

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds