Flash Player 10 won't donload using IE 8 with Flash Player 7 add-on already installed

Discussion in 'Software' started by ITgirl, Oct 17, 2009.

1. ITgirl

ITgirl Private E-2

Hi,

I'm having difficulty updating the Flash Player add-on in my IE8 browser. When I try to download I get a dialogue box which states that memory <hex code) has tried to write to memory reference <same hex code as previous>.

Then the Microsoft DEP (Data Execution Prevention module) runs and shuts down IE. I have disabled the Flash 7 add-on and reset the Internet Explorer Settings on the Advanced tab of Internet Options. It still gives me the error described above. Is it OK to uninstall IE 8.0 and re-install it. I only started getting this problem after running the BT HomeHub setup which added several Yahoo add-ons to the browser. Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. pistol

pistol Private First Class

Re: Flash Player 10 won't donload using IE 8 with Flash Player 7 add-on already insta

this will uninstall older flash player versions & plug-in's, http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html
    then try to reinstall the updated flash again

3. samtal

samtal Corporal

4. tritonobx

tritonobx Staff Sergeant

Re: Flash Player 10 won't donload using IE 8 with Flash Player 7 add-on already insta

One additional thing to be mindful of, most recent versions of Flash Player must be uninstalled FIRST, before installing the latest version. No need to unistall IE8, if you do, you're rolled back to IE7.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds