Help with .HPIMAGE.VFS file

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NEWTOSATANEEDHELPWITHSATA, Sep 24, 2013.

1. I have a .HPIMAGE.VFS file on my memory card that is 77.5MB and I would really like to know if images or videos are in it or what. How can I extract what is inside this file?

2. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

Sony always had this thing about being proprietary.

You are going to need a camera like the one which took the photos, or the decompression software from Sony to read the files in question. Most likely the .jpg is in there somewhere, but it most likely needs to be decoded/decompressed from the files you have.

In the FireWire era, processing was shared by the computer and the hardware.

What model camera/camcorder had this memory card in it, and is it USB?

3. I have two different cameras, none of which were used for this card. I put it in one but it just saw the regular .jpg images that are on there. I guess this camera does not view .mov files because it has two .mov files on it too. But I think one camera was a Canon from seeing one folder on there being "100CANON" and another folder is "101KC160" so I am not really sure exactly. Doing research I read people claimed to be able to view the file in VLC player but mine did not do that, I have an older version, not sure if that would make a difference or not and another thing I read was someone renamed it to an .img file and they opened it in winimage I think they said.

4. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

I would pull what .jpg files I could by hooking up the camera in question via USB to a PC.

What you have in that large file is compressed data. The algorithm to turn that .vfs file into images can be found on some HP All in one printers, and whatever device originally took the images/videos.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds