Windows Installer constantly trying to load Microsoft Office XP Professional with Fro

Discussion in 'Software' started by scottbeckie, Aug 30, 2004.

1. scottbeckie

scottbeckie Private E-2

Whenever I try to open any new program/application (i.e. e-mail, explorer, word etc) Windows Installer automatically starts to initiatise and the attempts to load Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage.

If I don't hit the cancel button I get a message saying the 'feature you are trying to use is on a CD ROM or other emovable disk that is not available. Insert the disk......'

If I then hit the cancel button I get a '1706 error. Set up cannot find the required files....'

This has been happening for the past few months and is now seriously annoying me!

Can anybody help me please?

My PC specs are:
    AMD Athlon (tm) XP 1500+ 1.29 GHz, 512 MB RAM
    I run Windows XP version 2002 with service pack 2 installed

Scott

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

do you have the CD?

3. scottbeckie

scottbeckie Private E-2

Unfortunately not

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds